shindaiwa eb8520

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by docjones, Apr 1, 2010.

1. docjones

docjones LawnSite Member
    from WV

hey everyone.....wanted to pick your brains and see if anyone else has heard this or if my dealer is full of crap.....ordered a new shindaiwa eb8520 with the throttle on tube.....what came in was a hip throttle....dealer said shindaiwa is no longer making this model with the tube throttle and has a new blower coming to market in june or something......anyway, i didn't take the blower....i really prefer the throttle on tube personally.....has anyone else heard of a new shindy blower coming out and if the 8520 no longer comes with tube throttle?

2. bigclawnman

bigclawnman LawnSite Member

I bought the same blower about 2 years ago with the hip throttle....I would not have another mower that size with out it. To be honest I never knew that they had a tube throttle.....

3. docjones

docjones LawnSite Member
    from WV

if you check their website, it's the eb8520 rt model which shows a picture with the tube throttle.

4. Alan0354

Alan0354 LawnSite Platinum Member

The RT is tube throttle.

5. Merkava_4

Merkava_4 LawnSite Bronze Member

I've been thinking about starting a thread on this subject, but now I don't have to. :D

What's the advantage of having a tube throttle over a hip throttle, and visa/versa?

6. K/B

K/B LawnSite Senior Member

Tube throttle keeps one hand free for other things, but it's very much a preference thing....some guys hate tube throttles and other guys love it.

7. joed

joed LawnSite Bronze Member

The models I have seen here in Canada all have the throttle on the tube. Have you been able to use the 8520 yet? What are your thoughts on it?

8. K/B

K/B LawnSite Senior Member

The EB8520 and the EB8520/RT are both discontinued, we should be seeing new models soon as part of Shindaiwa's 4 stroke marketing makeover. The new models will be red and called Hybrid4 instead of C4, and different model number designations.

9. joed

joed LawnSite Bronze Member

Will the specifications be the same? I was all set to get an eb8520 but now I might hold off until these new models come out.

10. djagusch

djagusch LawnSite Platinum Member
    from MN

The rep was at my dealer Thursday and it sounds like it is a sticker and color change. That is what he said at least. I'm just going with the 802.