1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Shindaiwa + Echo = ?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Heintooga, Jun 17, 2009.

1. Heintooga

Heintooga LawnSite Member

I was at the local Shindaiwa dealer and asked why his inventory was so low. They said they were awaiting a shipment but didn't know when it would deliver since Shindaiwa and Echo are merging. Anyone heard of this rumor?
  2. redmax fan

redmax fan LawnSite Bronze Member

its fact . i did a search something like shindaiwa echo merger and read about it at several sites
  3. Cuttinitclose

Cuttinitclose LawnSite Bronze Member

What will it be called? Shinecho?
  4. W.L.M.

W.L.M. LawnSite Senior Member

Hopefully they are using shindy's designs........
  5. redmax fan

redmax fan LawnSite Bronze Member

from what i read it sounded like shindaiwas running the show
  6. walkerowner06

walkerowner06 LawnSite Member

shindaiwa and echo are merging as one company in japan but they will still be seperate companies here. once they merge they will be called Yamabiko.
  7. Triplex

Triplex LawnSite Member

I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if they pick one brand to be the good professional-quality one and the other one gets turned into homeowner-quality crap, like DeWalt did to Black & Decker or John Deere did to Homelite. Echo seems like the more logical choice to turn into a homeowner brand because they already have a presence in Home Depot, and I doubt many non-landscapers have ever heard of Shindaiwa. I also wouldn't be surprised if the same thing happens as a result of Huqsvarna buying RedMax. I think we're going to be down to 3 or so brands of professional-grade handhelds in the future, from about 6 or 7 now.
  8. bieger

bieger LawnSite Member

Here in north Georgia, I can not find a new Shin 8520. The company is no help and the distributer is no help. I would not buy a Shin blower! I can just think of the headaches attempting to get service work!
  9. Glenn Lawn Care

Glenn Lawn Care LawnSite Silver Member

i think i heard from somewhere on here that echo is just using shindy motors or somethying like that, iam not quite sure