Shindaiwa Edgers?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ranger520, Jul 25, 2002.

1. ranger520

ranger520 LawnSite Member

Wondering if anyone uses the Shindaiwa stick edgers or if a larger walk behind model is the way to go?
  2. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

I have been using Shindaiwa LE260 edgers for 4 years now. I am quite pleased with them and I consider them better than the 4 or 5 Echos, Stihls, or Maruyama we had before it. Overall we have been using stick edgers for 10 years and we would never go back. Of course we edge every week or two so we don't have a major overgrowth problem.
  3. Dennis E.

Dennis E. LawnSite Senior Member

Shindaiwa gets my vote. I've used Tanaka WB as well as other types and models. The Shin. was bought in 1995,gets used 40-42 weeks per year. A lot of use and abuse and it runs just like the day I bought it. Keep it greased/lubed. Change the SP once in a great while as well as the air filter. Thats it.
    Good product IMO.:D
  4. JimLewis

JimLewis LawnSite Fanatic

Been using the Shindaiwa LE 230s for years now. They rock. Never had one go out yet and we've been edging about 80 yards per week with them for years.

As for stick edgers in general they are WAY better than the old-fashioned walk behinds. I would never go back to the old edgers. They are slow as heck and break down a lot.
  5. sunrise

sunrise Banned

we use the 230 and it is great . we also edge every week
    also use a Lesco 2400 that about 5-6 yr old that is unstoppable