Shindaiwa hedge trimmers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by joed, Jan 20, 2002.

1. joed

joed LawnSite Bronze Member

I am looking to purchase hedge trimmers for the upcoming year. I really like the Shindaiwa brand. What should I go for:
    Handheld single sided
    Handheld double sided
    Extended reach with articulating head
    Do you guys have any suggestions or experience with the Shindaiwa brand? I ran a check and did not find a lot of information regarding the Shindaiwa hedge trimmer. Thank you for the help.

2. cleancutdude

cleancutdude LawnSite Member

Don't even think about double sided clippers unless you like a sore back and tired arms or are left handed . The stihl hs85 is my favorite make sure you fit an ehco type deflector this mean you don't have to stop to pick the clippings of the top and stops you cutting in to close .

3. gogetter

gogetter Banned

DEFINATELY go for the extended ones! You can use the extended ones on regular size hedges, but you can't use the regular trimmers on huge (wide, tall) hedges (without a ladder and sore back and arms from reaching).

4. joed

I use both hand held and pole type hege machines.

What's your work like? most at ground level, big wide bushes? ect.

that's what dictates what you purchase. You can use a hand held type on just about anything. Get a single side with shield. Makes it easier this way to get debris off the top.

The pole trimmer, if you go that route, can be used as your sole hege trimmer, but in tight places forget about it. If you do get one, get one of the articulating type. the fixed heads won't be a true benifet to you.

John

5. cajuncutter

cajuncutter LawnSite Senior Member

I have talked about this before. If you are going to go with the extended you may want to think about this. You can get the shin t-230 for around 225 and the articulating attachment is 225 as well. Here locally the AH-23 sells for $569 to $599. I have not checked lately on the prices but I know I can not be that far off. If you go with the t 230 which has the same shaft as the AH you will have a back up weed wacker if you need it. And also if you happen to already have a t 230 then you can save yourself a chunk of change:D. The only problem I can think you would have is if a dealer figures out what you are up to they may try to give you a hard time. My local dealer brought the idea up to me and even told me I would save money taking that route. I was surprised that he did that, I thought that was pretty cool of him.

6. accuratelawn

accuratelawn LawnSite Senior Member

CAJUNCUTTER HIT IT ON THE HEAD!