Shindaiwa or Echo trimmer?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by bladerookie, May 21, 2004.

1. bladerookie

bladerookie LawnSite Member

Any suggestions or advice on other trimmers?

Thanks

2. TennYD

TennYD LawnSite Member

I like Shindaiwa myself ... Have used both but like my Shindaiwa better

3. J.Gordon

J.Gordon LawnSite Senior Member

I like the Echo 260 s a lot, its well balanced and light for the power. Try them both and see which one feels best for you! I have had no problems what so ever out of my Echo equipment but will be switching brands next time around because of dealer support.
    Jeff

4. BCSteel

BCSteel LawnSite Senior Member

I've been a hard core Echo man for the past 6 years but am now switching over to shindaiwa. I have had very few problems with my echos but it is time to try something new. So far I like my 40" shinny hedge trimmers wayyy better and the blower is at least on par. Don't have the shinny line trimmer yet but the echo 260 I have is awesome.

5. ALBsun1

ALBsun1 LawnSite Member

Kawasaki trimmer and blowers have treated me well so far last couple of years... About the same in price.

6. Hrock

Hrock LawnSite Member

Ive used both and shindaiwa is way better a t270 is around $500 but well worth it, thier power sheers and blowers are also great.

7. EmeraldGardens

EmeraldGardens LawnSite Member

i am no pro, i am just the new guy in town....however i own and use shindaiwa everyday and have had no problems...kinda expensive but you get what you pay for

8. Green Pastures

Green Pastures LawnSite Silver Member

;) $500 for a string trimmer?!? ;)

Does it work without an operaror holding it?

No string trimmer is worth $500 in my book.

9. Aleman

Aleman LawnSite Member

I have a Shindawia t260 stick edger and the thing is awesome. It starts first pull everytime and has loads of power...the Shin gets my vote

10. turftammer

turftammer LawnSite Member

you can buy a shindaiwa T230 for around $230-$260 a bargain for the quality you get I have 3 shindaiwa trimmers &one is 7yrs old and never been in the shop for repairs& still runs strong SHINDAIWA NOTHING BETTER