1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

shindaiwa or Redmax

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by riden2low, Dec 13, 2003.

1. riden2low

riden2low LawnSite Member
    from Oregon

I am looking at the Shindaiwa T2500 guys but if I don't buy it I then want the Redmax but trying to figure which model would be the best.
  2. ElephantNest

ElephantNest LawnSite Bronze Member
    from La.

Why 2500? Why not a T260 or 270?
  3. Gruneich Lawn Care Inc.

Gruneich Lawn Care Inc. LawnSite Senior Member
    from SD

I have had 4 Shindaiwa T230's, and a T260 before, and we are now using Redmax T2600's and T2400's, the Redmax's have more power and are alot smoother.

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

You got thet have 2 barrel carbs.Thats redmax shindaiwa is also a topp of the line.

MIMAINTAINCE LawnSite Member

Never used a Redmax trimmer, but i have 2- Shindaiwa T-230's and 1 T20. Not 2 mention 2 shinny stick edgers. They are great. I love them. I am never gonna buy another trimmer brand other than Shindaiwa. My buddy had Strato-Charged Redmax dont remember the model, but he said it sucked. It always was broken down. I can say this though. If redmax trimmers r anything like there blowers, they have 2 be great.
  6. pinnacle

pinnacle LawnSite Senior Member

Have to agree with the Nest..........Why the four stroke??

I'd go the T260..............Better balance and weight compared to the T270 IMO.

7. J.Gordon

J.Gordon LawnSite Senior Member

I would go with RedMax myself, because they have the best dealer in my area.
    I just never liked the weight/balance on the Shindaiwa. But that was on a 230.
    If itÂ’s the same dealer buy the one you like the best. Good luck!

Jeff :waving:
  8. Stripe master

Stripe master LawnSite Member

I have been a shindawia Man for 15 years. I like the power of the 260s. The new 230 have too much emissions and just arent as good as the old ones. I got a buddy of mine to carry redmax. I used one of the trimmers and cant belive how much better they are than Shin. I also have one large factory and the Remax only used half as much fuel with more power than the shindawia. My t260s are for sale and less than a year old. I have 3 other buddies in business here and they have also seen the "REMAX" light and have switched from stihl and shin. I think the most improtant thing is make sure you are happy with your dealer. They have a great warranty see if your dealer will let you demo one! I Gurantee if you try one than the shindawia it will be no contest!!!!
  9. sbvfd592

sbvfd592 LawnSite Senior Member

redmax seals last much longer run smother with stines 2 mix
  10. riden2low

riden2low LawnSite Member
    from Oregon

Thanks guys, Redmax it will be. I am searching the net now to get a good buy. I find that the dealers here on the West Coast are about a $100.00 higher. I just bought a Redmax 7000 for $429.00 from AR. and shipping free. Here in Portland there are only three dealers at the moment and they have the Redmax 7000 on sale for $499.00. What do you guys think of the Redmax bcz2500s?