Shindaiwa Products

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by drains, Nov 22, 2003.

1. drains

drains LawnSite Member

Is there anywhere on the web to purchase Shindaiwa equipment? I mean besides Ebay. I don't like the dealer locally but like Shindaiwa equipment. There arent any others close by. Thanks
  2. JimLewis

JimLewis LawnSite Fanatic

I am sure there are places online to buy their products. I am sorry, I don't know any though.

However, I will offer this bit of advice; I love Shindaiwas too. I didn't use anything but Shin for years. But really, I was just being stubborn. I eventually came to realize that most of the major commercial brands (kawasaki, Stihl, Echo, Red Max, etc....) are really all very similar. On a scale of 1-10, they are all near 10. They all last forever and perform very well. Brand loyalty is cool and all. But sometimes there's really not much of a reason to stick with a certain brand. And if brand loyalty is the only reason you're sticking with Shindaiwa (even though they're obviously causing you some stress) then you should maybe re-think how loyal you really want to be.

Just my 2 cents.
  3. Rustic Goat

Rustic Goat LawnSite Bronze Member

Can't remember online sellers off hand. If you'll do an internet search by just keying in a model number for an item, you'll get many results for anything available.
  4. ElephantNest

ElephantNest LawnSite Bronze Member
    from La.

I completely disagree. I have 7 shindaiwas, and I'm solo. Have used most of the others mentioned, and NONE of them hold a candle to the Shins. Echo, stihl? They better have a good warranty, because you WILL need it. I have given up on echo and stihl years ago. Out of all of my Shins, ONE has been in for repair in the last 3 years. The handle tore and allowed the throttle cable to get turned around. $10.00 fix. Just compare prices, keeping in mind that you get what you pay for.

5. I agree with wise mow ed of the true pros on this forum...I have some of em all ...echo.. shin.. sthil ...husqvarna ........and like wise ole mow ed said their aint a great deal diff between em.
    They all perform well...AND THEY ALL GET A FEW LEMONS NOW AND THEN.
  6. 4-Leaf

4-Leaf LawnSite Member

Hey Odin -- Howcum you put a pic of yourself right between the cool pics of President Bush?? --- You tryin' to associate yourself with a winner??
  7. craigs lawncare

craigs lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

HEHE... I agree.
    Are ya puckerin up for 2004??

8. Planet Landscaping

Planet Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Shindiawa only for me.
  9. JimLewis

JimLewis LawnSite Fanatic

LOL! That was good!

I saw those annoying pictures too. I was thinking to myself, why would someone who is trying to influence other people purposely put such devicive pictures up like that? It's one thing to disagree with a politician's policy decisions. But it's quite another thing to publicly bring politics into EVERY SINGLE THREAD and bash our President by likening him to a Monkey - that's basically just petty name calling.

The 55% or so who approve of Bush are obviously going to be offended by that. Why you would purposely want to offend 55% of the people reading your threads is beyond me.

10. I can see when it comes to their own species....other monkeys just hate seeing pics' of another monkey.....which is monkey bush.

Now one question for you is awol life on your places of resident.......the planet of the apes?

Now if you dont like my pics...put some funny ones up of the democarts clinto gore or the current democrats running ....because i could give a rats ***......

Any damn body wants to get personal with me you pm me ...we will meet eye to eye if anybody damn body wants to.....