Shindaiwa question

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by gunner27, Apr 12, 2008.

1. gunner27

gunner27 LawnSite Member
    from ohio

Does Shindaiwa still make the T 230 trimmer or M 230 multi-task any more or is it discontinued due to epa?

2. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

My deaer has several 230s right now. He actually has them for under $219 to get rid of some of them.

3. jpp

jpp LawnSite Silver Member

4. jpp

jpp LawnSite Silver Member

Dang I might be making a trip over for a couple of them. I need some new ones.

5. gunner27

gunner27 LawnSite Member
    from ohio

Cool, thanks. With all the discussion lately, i forgot how much I used to like my T 230! Might grab one if I can.

6. K/B

K/B LawnSite Senior Member

The T230 is no longer available to us. T231's is what we have now...that dealer must have left over stock.

7. Mark

Mark LawnSite Senior Member

:usflag: Thats right do to the epa they don't sell the good old T230, 260 or 270 models anymore, I still use my T270 and 230, It just is not the same with the regulations on them, I do like the new heads they came out with, string them without taking the heads off. Marks Mowing Service

8. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

The only real difference between the 231 and the 230 is the muffler. The 231 has a catalitic convertor muffler and the 230 doesn't. The CC muffler weighs about a half pound more and is very restrictive. I put a muffler from an old 230 I had onto the 231 I bought and it works fine.

9. Big Wes

Big Wes LawnSite Member

Warning!! I like Shindiawa, owned 4 of them and 1 Sthil, but the heads they use now on the Shindiawa's suck, The line capacity is dreadful, 5' maybe! If you buy one, buy an after market universal head to put on it,
    so you can put some line on the darn thing.

Just my $.02 worth

10. K/B

K/B LawnSite Senior Member

What heads are you talking about? The Speed-Feed heads? You must be trying to use some very thick string. The big Speed Feed head holds 20 ft of .095. Those Speed Feed heads are very very popular, if you haven't tried on yet you need to.