Shindaiwa RS75

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by PLM-1, Mar 27, 2005.

1. PLM-1

PLM-1 LawnSite Bronze Member

What do you all think about this spreader? I have a real $hitty Earthway now. How do you compare it to others. Also, if you have one, how much did it cost ya? I usually get really good deals on Shindy stuff from my dealer but, i didn't wanna ask him about it...or else i won't hear the end of it if i don't buy one!

2. BCSteel

BCSteel LawnSite Senior Member

I have 2 of them but I dont have anything to compare them too. They throw a pretty good pattern and seem to stand up pretty good but I only throw about 1 tonne of fert out of one per year and the other around 2 tonne of lime and another few hundred lbs of seed. Works good for me though.

3. PLM-1

Push pretty easy?

4. BCSteel

BCSteel LawnSite Senior Member

Ya, they are real nice to push around, very smooth. The wheels are on brass bushings I think with greasable axles. I think its only a 60lb hopper on them though so if you have big props it might not be sufficient. Most of my props are 3 acres and under with 1 acre of lawn or less so its not really a big factor to me.

5. PLM-1

That's what I wanna hear!

Anybody else??

6. FL&G

FL&G LawnSite Member
    from R.I.

It is identical to the Prizelawn CBR-III.

7. SWD

SWD LawnSite Senior Member

I have both the shiny and a lesco with the drop shield.
    When the 45 acres of fertilizing starts, usually every quarter, the first machine grabed is the shiny.
    -pushes much easier
    -produces a true, flat, pattern
    -holds 80lbs easily
    -with the larger tires, seems to be smoother
    -doesn't want to tip when a wheel catches, ie much more stable
    As a matter of fact, I'm buying another one this week.

8. timinkc

timinkc LawnSite Member

i just got my license this winter, so i needed to get a spreader. i chose the shindaiwa, and after about 1200lbs of crabgrass preventer, i can say i like it alot... granted i don't have anything to compare it to, but i can't imagine anything being that much better... i paid 255 for mine, alot better than the 370 my lesco guy wanted. i just wish i could find a good conversion chart for lesco products.

9. PLM-1

I was told that it was lesco calibrated. Did you get the stainless or painted?

10. timinkc

timinkc LawnSite Member

i got the painted... (i'm sure that's why it was cheaper), if it's calibrated the same as the lesco thats news to me, the manual seems to show it being different. if you find out i'm wrong and it is, please let me know!