Shindaiwa Speed Feed Trimmer head Install..Need Help

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by ReMarkable Landscaper, May 21, 2008.

1. ReMarkable Landscaper

ReMarkable Landscaper LawnSite Member

My shindaiwa T260 String trimmer finally wore out.. The bump head wore out and i went to go buy a new part that was worn out and the guy at the dealer showed me a speed feed head for my trimmer. I read about them and been thinking of picking one up. well he convinced me on it and i bought it... now the fun part.. How do i install this thing???????????? I took off the spool and the internals(plastic pieces, spring,etc) How do i get the stud off or loose in order to take the rest of the current trimmer head off and install this need speed feed head??????????? :confused::confused::confused:
  2. JosephLawnCare

JosephLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

Um manual? theres a hole for a small punch to go in and then you twist the head off, reverse threaded!!
  3. 4curbappeal

4curbappeal LawnSite Senior Member

Um, there isn't a manual or instructions! I just put one on and still have no clue how I did it! I know that you can get a few parts backwards and it won't work. Sorry I can't be more help. If you are still having trouble PM me and I will take mine apart and try to walk you through it!
  4. NOOB

NOOB LawnSite Member

take it to the dealer have them put it on what would the charge you a whole 20 bucks
    Let us know how you like the speed feed head thinking about buyin one as well
    How much did you get yours for?
  5. jrecords1971

jrecords1971 LawnSite Member

Stick an allen wrench or something in the hole above the head on the shaft cover and spin the head backwards. It should spin off. The stud may come out too. The head came with 2 more. Put one of the new studs directly on the shaft and thred the new head on. If the spool is upside-down the feed wont work and the head is difficult to put back together. Other than the picky spool, I realy like the head.
  6. Sharpcut 1

Sharpcut 1 LawnSite Senior Member

You DO NOT take the speed feed head apart.Once you get your old head off, there are different adapters that came with your speed feed head. Pick ths size that fits on your stud and inside the speed feed head. Put the allen wrench in the hole in the housing, and tighten down. Remember, reverse threads.

For you guys that are'nt using them. 30 seconds and you're loaded. No taking the head apart. Slide the string through, wind the head, and you;re done. They work on Redmax, Stihl, and Echo, Tanaka and Maruyama with adaptors.

Again, DON'T PULL THIS HEAD APART. The only time you need to do that is to replace the bottom piece.
  7. lawnboy858

lawnboy858 LawnSite Senior Member

Can you buy them online?
  8. NOOB

NOOB LawnSite Member

9. bare31

bare31 LawnSite Member

They work great on my 260
  10. 4curbappeal

4curbappeal LawnSite Senior Member

You are right on the money man! Thats what I did and it works great! You are the next best thing to L.S. since Big W & S Man!:weightlifter::weightlifter::clapping::drinkup::cool2: