Shindaiwa Speed Feed Trimmer Head

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Frontier-Lawn, Sep 3, 2006.

1. Frontier-Lawn

Frontier-Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

2. mx495

mx495 LawnSite Senior Member
    from MO

I saw one on ebay.

3. newz7151

newz7151 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Tejas

Which by the time you pay for shipping, comes out more than buying it at a Shindaiwa dealer, which is the only place they are authentically available since Shindaiwa will hold the patent on the Speed Feed head for a while before selling it out.

4. Frontier-Lawn

i was hoping something under $30 i can pay that local

5. Frontier-Lawn

its going on my echo i want a smooth head and tryed of prying it open to load it

6. B&B Lndscpng & Lwn Srvc

B&B Lndscpng & Lwn Srvc LawnSite Member

Why don't you try the Redmax PT104 plus heads. They are hands down better than the shindaiwas. I run them on my Shindaiwa's, Redmax and even the old echo that still hangs around the shop and won't die. They have a steel insert in the bump that helps last longer. You can even get replacement parts instead of having to buy a whole new head. Just some advice from someone who used the same Shindaiwa heads for 10 yrs before changing.

7. Mr.Mow-It-All

Mr.Mow-It-All LawnSite Senior Member

But they just came out with the speed feed heads a couple of years ago. They are worth every penny. We can load them in 30 secs easy instead of 3-4 min. Doing that 4-5 times a days adds up time and ease.

8. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

I also have the speed feed's on my 3 trimmers. you guys must whack a lot of chainlink fence or something. I go about 65 1/4-1.5acre accounts (each) before I need to reload the string on my speed feeds.

9. newz7151

newz7151 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Tejas

Because.. he is not looking for a Redmax head.. Have you even used the new Shindaiwa Speed Feed head? It uses a glass filled cover cap for the smooth head, which unless you are bumping it on concrete all the time will last a good while. And at which point it does wear out, the replacement bottom is only like $8.

Frontier, do not forget that you will need the proper fit up kit to fit the Speed Feed to the Echo.

I swear, it seems people here are simply unable to pass up a thread without adding their unhelpful, nocontributing 2 cents.

If he was asking about a Redmax head, then your comment would have held merit.

10. Frontier-Lawn

the adapter is $5 at the dealer