1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Shindaiwa Speed Feed

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by magicmike, Mar 10, 2013.

1. magicmike

magicmike LawnSite Senior Member

Anyone use it? How do you like it?
  2. Green-Man

Green-Man LawnSite Bronze Member

When I got my shindaiwa it came with the speed feed and I loved it! Made loading it easy once you got the hang of it. In my opinion though, yes it's a great head it's durable and tough, but when you load it sometimes it will tangle the line inside somewhat to where it won't bump more line out, then having to reload it. Doesn't happen every time but it does occur. I have a shuretap head now I couldn't complain deffinitely the best one in my opinion.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  3. Chevy z71

Chevy z71 LawnSite Fanatic

Best out there.
  4. caddy029

caddy029 LawnSite Member

Best thing going, been using it for 3 yrs. now and would not change, however each trimmer goes thru about 2 heads a season, also buy some extra springs for it just in case you lose it while out.
  5. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

I don'[t like em they can be difficult to load when conditions are hot and the cord doesn't have a clean cut. It chaps me if I pull that roll of cord out of my pocket when it is 100F and it won't feed thru that hole:dizzy: And it is impossible to take a peak to see how much line you got without a tool. And they wear quick and cause a lot of vibration if you really use it. Stay with the honda bump heads they fit all makes.
  6. hjl2

hjl2 LawnSite Member

I have 2 speed feed heads. One for straight shaft brush cutter and one for curved shaft line trimmer. I really like them.
  7. hjl2

hjl2 LawnSite Member

8. KnK

KnK LawnSite Member

have it on a 3410 ,works great
  9. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

i dont like them either-too heavy and hard to load-thats right hard to load. too hard to thread the string tru the spool unless the string is perfectly straight. since string comes on a spool its curved.
  10. crazyflyboy30

crazyflyboy30 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Alabama