shindaiwa spreader

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by stslawncare, Nov 12, 2001.

1. stslawncare

stslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member
    from DE

hey guys i was just reading some literature from shindaiwa and i saw they have broadcast spreader model numbr RS75. has a 1.3 cu ft hopper at 75 lbs hopper cover and deflector shild. any of u guys have it? any comments?

2. kutnkru

kutnkru LawnSite Silver Member

3. keifer

keifer LawnSite Senior Member

I seen one at my deere dealer looked pretty sweet but cost to much I bought an earthway.

4. lakegastonla

lakegastonla LawnSite Senior Member

It's a nice spreader. I've got one and I paid 275.00 for it. The quality is just as good as the Lesco spreaders.(the industry standard) Do yourself a favor and don't buy an earthway spreader. They are real crap!! The gearboxes are a cruel joke on the ew's. You can push the shindaiwa with two fingers. Also, it's made to last. Good luck.

5. turf13

turf13 LawnSite Member

Why would you pay more for something that is "just as good " as a proven spreader like the Lesco?!:confused:

6. lakegastonla

lakegastonla LawnSite Senior Member

Excuse me, mister 12-posts. I call it 75 bucks. That would be the reason why I bought one. Equal or better quality for 75 bucks less. Any thing with the Shindaiwa name on it is worth owning. Also, everyone does not have a Lesco in their backyard.

7. turf13

turf13 LawnSite Member

Dear sir I didn't realize my worth was measured by my number of posts. By the way Lesco spreaders are $ 250.00-330.00 depending on epoxy or stainless steel , do the math . I simply asked you a question, no need to get your panties in a bunch. How about rolling that $75.00 over into anger management classes?

8. kutnkru

kutnkru LawnSite Silver Member

Hey LG you should check with some other Lescos if you have them down your way at all. I spent less than $250 for my Lesco 80#'er here. ;)

Kris

9. rixtag

rixtag LawnSite Senior Member
    from Lehi Ut

I am just curious as to how this post about spreaders remains in the commercial forum when my post about spreaders got moved to the fertilizer forum?

Rick

10. stslawncare

stslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member
    from DE

not sure why it hasnt been moved, but dont totally think it shuold be, spreaders are for more then fertilizer, how about seed? salt? sand? topsoil?