1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Shindaiwa Stands Behind C4 Equipment

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mcambrose, Jul 31, 2008.

1. mcambrose

mcambrose LawnSite Senior Member

Recently my 4 year old Shindaiwa 4-stroke multi- tool quit working due to a broken valve keeper. I thought it was a more serious problem, so I almost threw it away. I ran into someone who used to have a shop that sold Shindaiwa. He was trying to sell the equipment that he had left over. When I described the problem, he immediately told me what was wrong, so I called the Shindaiwa rep. The Shindaiwa rep was very nice and provided a new engine. They had some problems with valve keepers in the early models, so they replaced mine even though it was out of warranty. When it broke, I immediately bought another one to finish the job, so now I have a backup. Their support is just one more reason to buy Shindaiwa equipment.

2. jkilov

jkilov LawnSite Bronze Member
    from MS

That's nice to hear:clapping:, not many EMs/dealers do business like this anymore. But they still only offer a 1-year warranty:(.

Do you know which model it is (the old 2500 or new 2510), cause I got one of those c4's and would hate to see it blow.