1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

shindaiwa t-270

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by snapper, Mar 24, 2005.

1. snapper

snapper LawnSite Senior Member

Thinking about buying one of these for a 120 bucks from a bud of mine. Looks a little ruff but compression checks out, and it starts good, so i am pretty confident about its mechanical shape, and i know the price is good, but was wonder how they compare to others. It seems to have more torque than my 260, it just seems to go through the thick stuff easier. So how do they compare to a t-260, and an old t-25?(the two i own) Basically sell it to me, i want to to hear stories, hands on expierences with the them.. I know they are popular, so i want to hear it..

LAter chris
  2. TClawn

TClawn LawnSite Silver Member

BUY IT! I've been trying to get my hands on a T-270 for a while. they are (IMO) the best trimmer ever made.
  3. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

Buy it! They don't make them anymore. Their replaced by the T-272,- heavier and has catalyst.
  4. txlawnking

txlawnking LawnSite Bronze Member

Or tell me where to find it.. The old t-270 was one of, if not the best trimmers ever made.. Like was said.. the new t-272 is a super heavy, underpowered buzzard...I sure wish the cursed E.P.A. could have left their sorry meddling hands off of OPE... :realmad:

Buy it.
  5. leadarrows

leadarrows LawnSite Senior Member
    from N/A

I just got a new one last year....I feel lucky. LOL Well worth the money even at 4 bills so I agree buy it.
  6. captken

captken LawnSite Bronze Member

I have T270s and a older t-27 along with a t-260.

The T-27 is identical to the T270, except for a carb change, [non adjustable]. The T-260 is light weight, has a all plastic handle, a good all around trimmer. The choice on a hot day to do all around trimming, has good power to weight ratio.
    The T-270 is heavier, has a different handle, aluminum/rubber. It will go through tall gnarly stuff without trouble, the power is there in spades. The one to grab when you need maximum power.
    My T-27 is older than dirt, used everyday during season, keeps on chugging along.
  7. gunner27

gunner27 LawnSite Member
    from ohio

When I used to work on a farm we used the T 27 everywhere, those things were awesome. I would love to get my hands on a T 270. If anyone could tell me where to get one new I would pay double! well not quite............
  8. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

Buy it, you won't be sorry. All 3 of ours are about 4-9 years old, and run like SOB's. They are our choice for frontline useage, every day.The first and only major thing I have replaced, was last fall . It was a shaft on the 8 year old T270..cost me 40$..Throw a fixed line head on one and line it with . 155 and stand back.. :D Anyone looking for a new T270-pre catalyst-PM me..my dealer still has a few hanging around. Retail is $479.00 I believe...
  9. TClawn

TClawn LawnSite Silver Member

how much would you think it would cost to ship to hawaii?
  10. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

If it's anything like an old t-27 BUY IT! great machines