Shindaiwa T230 questions

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by joed, Aug 25, 2002.

1. joed

joed LawnSite Bronze Member

I finally bought a Shindaiwa T230 trimmer and like it very much. The power is awesome for a 22.5 cc engine (more than Echo and comparable to Stihl). A couple of things are bothering me though:

1. The trimmer seems to have an excessive amount of vibration, especially when the string is short or above .095". Is this normal?

2. The shaft seems a little short

3. The promatic bump and feed head is a real pain. Twice, it just exploded on me for no reason. Spent half an hour trying to find the eyelets, spring etc. Does anyone know if you can put the STIHL autocut head or ECHO bump n feed head on it?

Thanks

2. sprout

sprout LawnSite Member

:D I have a T230, had the same problem excessive vibration. My dealer changed out the head to Echo--no more vibration.

3. Use the shindaiwa shaft bolt and ET VOILA

as easy as it was for me to type some french word:D

Check if the shaft is enough greased.

4. joed

joed LawnSite Bronze Member

Sprout & 4 Saison (Mon ami du Quebec),

Thanks for the advice. I checked the shaft for grease. It's full. Will try to switch heads to see if that eliminates the problem.

5. BRIAN FOLEY

BRIAN FOLEY LawnSite Member
    from ERIE,PA

I have the shin bump head and it is AWFULL. What echo head do you use? thanks Brian:confused:

6. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

The Echo head is actually made by Veri. The Echo head will not fit the Shindaiwa because the bolt is different. You can order the Veri head to fit Shindaiwas from www.landscapersupply.com under part number 417443. It should be $22.99. .095 is the largest line I would use on a T-230.

7. keifer

keifer LawnSite Senior Member

The dealer hear changes all the heads on the shins to veri but mine flew apart sunday. I found the spring but not the eyes. After all the posts here i will get a fixed head today. It is about the same price as the bump.

8. use the shindaiwa shaft bolt and all will be fine. To remove the bolt, open the head and press the bolt from the outside to the inside. I forgot the first step, unscrew the head from the attachment.

9. The Mowerdude

The Mowerdude LawnSite Senior Member

Paint your spring inside Dayglow Orange. Then when if it flys off you can find it.

10. Cutter1

Cutter1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Thats the first thing that goes on my trimmers.....My SHindaiwa's and my Stihl's all have the echo bump head. So much easier to change and interchange, no parts to lose, just the spool comes off.