Shindaiwa T230 Vs. Echo SRM-2400

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Youngster, Mar 5, 2000.

1. Youngster

Youngster LawnSite Member
    from Texas

Which weedeater do you think would be better? I cut anywhere from 5-7 yards a week and want something that will last a long time. I currently own an Echo and have been impressed with it. Over 4 years old and no problems at all. but I have heard many good things about Shindaiwa. What would you pick?

2. scottlawns

scottlawns Guest

i really like the shindaiwa.

3. Millertime34

Millertime34 LawnSite Member

I'm biased because I have never used anything but my Stihl FS80. It's only two years old but I haven't had a single problem. I'll buy another one.<p>----------<br>Bryan..Heartland Lawn Care<br>heartlandlawn@hotmail.com

4. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

We use Shindaiwa trimmers, great machines.<p>----------<br>&lt;a href=&quot;http://www.townserver.com/elm/&quot;&gt;Eric@ELM&lt;/a&gt;<br>

5. cutntrim

cutntrim LawnSite Senior Member

Sounds like you've got a good, dependable trimmer right now. Use it 'till it dies then check out Shindaiwa. They make fine trimmers.<p>----------<br>Dave in S.Ontario<br>

6. GroundKprs

GroundKprs LawnSite Bronze Member

Can't tell for sure about the Shindiawas. Ours are only 4-5 years old with no major problems. Let you know for sure in 5 years.:)<p>----------<br>Jim<br>North central Indiana

7. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

Shindaiwa is #1 in my book. My oldest trimmer (T27) is 10 years old now. The only thing I've ever had to replace was the ingition coil, and that was last month! I hope I can get 10 more years out if it.

8. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

I had 5 SRM 2400's. They all ended up running poorly with carb problems. I didn't realize how bad they ran until I switched to the T230's.

9. little green guy

little green guy LawnSite Senior Member

i have three srm 2400's and i like them alot better than the t230's which i have used just about as much as the echos. One of my echos got run over last year and i thought about replacing it with a t230 but decided not to for a couple of reasons: 1.i already have echos 2. echos are easier to get parts for around me 3. i like the way the echos run better. I think i'm going to look into the redmax trimmers though when it comes time to replace all of my trimmers.

10. paddy

paddy LawnSite Member

i personally like Stihl (FS 85, FC 75, BR400). I haven't really tried a shindawa. I don't like echo's look at their air filter, it looks dificult to service, you need a screwdriver, and the case for the air filter isn't as well integrated to the engine case as it is on a stihl. I can check the air filter on my stihl with my bare hands. small thing but i'm sure it adds up, I can also do everything i'll ever need to with the 2 tools stihl sells with every piece of equipment they make. and these 2 tools fit into the base of my blower. its a great system