1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Shindaiwa T230

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Guardian, Feb 5, 2002.

1. Guardian

Guardian LawnSite Senior Member
    from Florida

PRO day is this weekend and Shindaiwa handhelds will be $30 off. I have always used Stihl. The T230 is very slightly less powered than my Stihl FS85. Anyone use this unit?

It will be only $189. Seems like a nice price. Of course it will come with a fixed head. How much is the bump?

Those who use fixed - what line do you use with them?
  2. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

That's a great price for a T-230. My best price is $219.00. Bump feed heads (good one's) are around $25. Ever since my last Homelite died some years ago I have been using T-230s and I have no complaints about them. I use .090 line in mine.
  3. mike payne

mike payne LawnSite Member

I have a T230, it works great. I use .095 line larger line lasts longer but is hard to put on the bounce head.
  4. Heavenly Green

Heavenly Green LawnSite Member

I bought A T230 last summer for 229.00 w/bump feed. Its a
    good unit but if I have to trim I reach for my FS85 lot more power
    and it just feels better to me. Lesson learned I should have
    spent the 299.95 and bought another stihl I love my stihl but
    the T230 will get the job done. IMHO buy another FS85.
  5. cajuncutter

cajuncutter LawnSite Senior Member

Guardian this is a good unit and will last you a long time if you take care of it. I have already brought this up before and I will do it again. A great feature with the T-230 is the fact that you can purchase the AH-230 articulating trimmer attachment and install it in a matter of minutes. The extra attachment should run you around 215. This will give you the ability to do some tall or high up hedge trimming. Also when you have to trim shrubs that are right up on a parking lot and there are cars in the way you can reach behind the car with the trimmer and trim the hedge. That is a killer price, also the cheapest I have seen them was 219.99 and that came with a free 3 pound spool of .095 line. One other feature is the thing is like holding a feather in your hand, nice and light. You will not be disappointed. :blob3:
  6. Guardian

Guardian LawnSite Senior Member
    from Florida

Thank ya fellas!

I will definetly add at least one of these to my arsenal.

again, thanks
  7. I purchased one in the fall and really luv it .It is so lightweight. Plus they stand behind there products