Shindaiwa T242???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Suds, Aug 6, 2008.

1. Suds

Suds LawnSite Member

I have a Stihl FS110R but need a second trimmer. The Shindaiwa T242 will only be used for grass/weed trimming and I can get it brand new for $275. The FS110 has a couple of gearbox attachments I use with it. I don't always want to have to change heads back and forth.

Is the T242 Shindaiwa more of a homeowner machine or will it stand up to a lot of use? Should I just get another Stihl? Thanks
  2. K/B

K/B LawnSite Senior Member

The T242 is professional quality. Very good grass trimmer.
  3. Big Wes

Big Wes LawnSite Member

DITTO what he said. I have one and use it every day. When you pick it up buy a speed feed head for it.
  4. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Ditto, It's a very nice unit!
  5. K/B

I guess the T242 is supposed to replace the T230/T231 series, IMO it's a much better replacement for the T230 than the T231 was.
    I'm guessing that Shindaiwa will come out with replacements for the 260/261 and 270/272 series soon, and I hope they're as nice as the T242.
  6. dga504

dga504 LawnSite Member

Very nice piece of equipment I use it everyday and yes pick up the speedfeed head you will love it!
  7. newz7151

newz7151 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Tejas

The 242 units we have been selling have all been coming with the 375 SpeedFeed head already installed.
  8. MileHigh

MileHigh LawnSite Silver Member

I bought a t242 at the beginning of this season...Liked it so much, that I bought another one cause there only $271.

Mine came stock with speed-feed heads...but I upgraded to the speed feed heads that can hold 24 feet of line.
  9. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

I was thinking about buying one last month, but there are virtually no dealers within 25 miles. I bought a Redmax TR2301S instead. Big mistake. I definitely want to get ahold of a 242 one day.
  10. K/B

Funny. My dealer says his are all coming pre-installed with Speed-Feed 450's.