Shindaiwa T2500 mult-tool

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mcambrose, May 21, 2004.

1. mcambrose

mcambrose LawnSite Senior Member

Has anyone used the Shindaiwa T2500 multi-tool unit with the chain saw on the end. I bought the hedge clipper attachment and LOVE them. The unit is much quiter than 2 stroke model, great on fuel and has good torque. I also bought the edger attachment as a backup for my dedicated unit.

I was thinking of buying the chain saw attachment, but I wondered if the Stihl one would fit the Shindaiwa head. I think Stihl make one with a telescoping head (if my memory is correct). Shindaiwa only has a fixed length.

2. Jlwnsrvce

Jlwnsrvce LawnSite Member

I bought the articulating hedge trimmer for my Shindaiwa T2500 just the other day. I used it today and there very minimal blade speed. Is there an adjustment or something? With the blade speed it currently has,Im better off using hand shears. Id like to use them,but at this point im considering taking them back.

3. mcambrose

mcambrose LawnSite Senior Member

Must be something wrong with your engine or your clutch. The carburetor could need adjusting for possible the exhaust be obstructed. Shindaiwa said they had a few of the 2500s that had premature clutch failure due to the clutch material coming unglued from the metalpart. Also, there is not an upgrade kit which makes the unit easier to start called the T2510X upgrade that is free and installed by the dealer. Mine works wonderfully and the SS blades are awesome.