shindaiwa T2500

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by riden2low, Dec 12, 2003.

1. riden2low

riden2low LawnSite Member
    from Oregon

If you have tried it or use it, what do you think of it? I am thinking of getting one.

2. alpine692003

alpine692003 LawnSite Bronze Member

Ya, me too! Any comments?

3. Mark P

Mark P LawnSite Senior Member

There a fairly new product, they say they get better fuel economy something like 33% better than the t-230, and i believe they are around 1hp but im stuck on the t-260's i do like the 230 also, very light, i think i read a thread that the 2500's weren't as good as the older models, you might want to do a search and read thousands of post's on the subject......Marks Mowing Service

4. pinnacle

pinnacle LawnSite Senior Member

Hippy Mick runs one of the described units. Do a search for "Hippy Mike". He's mentioned it and how it goes a few times that I can remeber.

I personaly would not go there cause deppending on what sorta grass ya cutting you will miss the High rpms of a 2 stroke. (high rpms when you want a nice finish and a four stroke would be good for clearing brush etc)
    The 4 bangers are more of a little tractor if ya know what I mean.
    Good luck with the purchase!

5. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

I've got a brand spankin' new one I won from Shindaiwa at the Expo in Louisville this year. We currently run 2 T270's and a T230, so this one will not go into service until I need it. It is balanced really well, and runs with plenty of RPMs, it just doesn't sound like it with the changes made to the C4 engine for this new model.It's a lot quieter than a conventional two cycle engine.BTW-it is not a four stroke, it's a two stroke built with fuel metering capabilities of a four stroke.Runs on 50:1 mix, no oil sump or dipstick, so that makes it fall into the non-four cycle category.1.1 hp, with plenty of torque, supposedly more power over a broader hp curve than what we are using right now. I won't really know for sure until one of mine breaks down, and with Shins, it could be a while....:laugh:

6. alpine692003

alpine692003 LawnSite Bronze Member

how much does a t270 go for in the us? I will have to convert that to cdn afterwards :(

7. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

Around $ 425-450.00USD

8. pinnacle

Yes It's not a TRUE four stroke but all n all it's a four stroke engine that takes Oil with the Gas.

I like the T260's better that the 270's............Just think the weight , balance and fule economy is better. JMHO

There again who knows with out extensive testing!

9. pinnacle

Thats it Mate!!!!! ;)

What ever you decide to get..........GO SHINY. Ya just can't go wrong!

10. weve

weve LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Central Illinois

I got a T2500 demo unit from the Shindaiwa rep last month. I'm suprised at the power and the quietness of this unit. I've put about 1½ hours on it. I've been using the PB270 as a trimmer but will likely leave it as a Power Broom now. At Louisville EXPO they had the upgraded T2510 and I also ran a T3410 at their demo area. I think it has the power of the T270.