Shindaiwa T2500

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by captaingreen, Jan 26, 2004.

1. captaingreen

captaingreen LawnSite Senior Member

I purchased a Shindaiwa T2500 mid season last year. I am very pleased with how light weight the trimmer is. It uses a combination of 4 cycle technology but in a 2 cycle. The only problem I have is with getting it started. I have to crank on it about 6 times to get it going. The problem started after a few months. The dealer put on a new plug, it was slightly fouled. I have since then replaced it probable 3 times and keep a good watch on the air filter, fuel ratio is correct also. Any input would be appreciated. Thank you!

2. ElephantNest

ElephantNest LawnSite Bronze Member
    from La.

Prime 5 times, choke it, pull til it starts. Then turn choke off and restart if it's not still running. Never used the 2500, but that's how I start all of my pure 2 cycle shindaiwas, and they crank on the first or second pull. If you're quick enough, as soon as it cranks on choke, turn choke off and it will remain running.

3. Mark P

Mark P LawnSite Senior Member

:) ElephantNest is right on ive never had any trouble starting any of my Shindaiwa products........Marks Mowing Service

4. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

All my Shins start on the first or second pull.Use a quality mix such as Shidaiwa One Mix or No Smoke Two Stroke.I love my 2500x, but it won't go into service until one dies, and that could be a while...

5. D Fricks

D Fricks LawnSite Member

Have a shin.T2500 mine is also very hard to crank when the temperature is below 60 degrees just will not crank. also had mine in to the dealer they did the plug thing with mine to shin. just made a mistake some where in this certain model would not recomend this model until they work the problems out .all of the companys are having problems with starting because of the EPA restrictions which start in 2005.

6. Jlwnsrvce

Jlwnsrvce LawnSite Member

Same problem with mine. I can't complain though. I paid $40.00 for it from a crackhead. I bought the pruner attachment for it and that is all I use it for until I buy the hedge trimmer attachment for it also. I'm much happier with my TMC.

7. ElephantNest

from La.

...and that crackhead stole it from someone who worked hard to pay for it. Not to mention you are now in possesion of stolen property. Way to go. If we don't look out for our own LCO peers, then please tell me who will? You need to report that crackhead, turn in the trimmer, or you will be stopped by some huge guido one day saying that's his trimmer. And if it were me, I'd stomp you into the ground if I found you with mine, if you stole it, bought it, no matter, you knew it was hot.

8. Jlwnsrvce

Jlwnsrvce LawnSite Member

There are a chain of events that I dont need to go into detail about how I ended up with it. For your info,it was never hot. Believe it or not,doesn't make any difference to me.

9. ElephantNest

from La.

I believe it.

10. Ryan Lightning

Ryan Lightning LawnSite Senior Member
    from CA

I over heard the shindaiwa reps at a Gardeners day telling another guy to bring his in to get fixed, So that it would start easyer. He said they are changing something on all the 2500 to solve the problem, and told him if any else mentions the problem to tell them the same thing. I didnt lisen good because I had no interest in the 2500, since other gardener told me they dont start easy. Maybe someone can email Shindaiwa to get the info?