shindaiwa t260 questions

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ronslawncare, Jul 17, 2001.

1. ronslawncare

ronslawncare LawnSite Senior Member

well i started getting jealous of all you guys on here and i bought one today .i have a couple of questions about it.1 i paid 3oo plus tax was that a fair price.2the trimmer guard is very big on it do you recommend i remove it on my echo srm 2400 i bought it used there was no guard i like it better that way for longer trimmer line for edgeing.3the head is a little annoying s there a replaceable one ..other than that i love it .the t270 was a little heavier the t230 i almost bought but i said the heck let me see what all you guys are bragging about.

2. carl28

carl28 LawnSite Member

T-260 great trimmer we made the jump from the 230's to the 260's last season doing a way with all our old efco's and husquvarna trimmers the 260 is balls on the most powerful dependable and productive trimmer I have ever owned. We have left the trimmer shrouds on our T-260's and have never had a problem with the stock tap heads tried manual heads just didn't like them you will be very pleased with your new purchase.

3. oneEXMARKfan

oneEXMARKfan Banned

ALL my T-260's were 335.00. As soon as I buy one, the gaurd comes off.(have several if anybody ever needs one) I use many types of trimmer heads, so I can't recommend any for you (still looking for a Green machine head.....if you find one, send it my way)........Since it's the only brand I would buy, I think you made a wise choice.