shindaiwa t260

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bare31, Apr 7, 2008.

1. bare31

bare31 LawnSite Member

does anyone know if they make an edger head that fits a standard t 260 trimmer? I read a post about a stihl that you can just change heads with. I'm not talking about a split boom, just the head.

2. yungman

yungman LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Calif.

I looked into the catalog and on their site, I don't think so. Main reason is all their edgers are curve shaft. I don't think you can swarp heads. Check with dealer just in case I am wrong.

3. nograss

nograss LawnSite Member

Shindiawa commercial trimmers are not curved shafts. The 260 is a great trimmer, equal to the Stihl 85. The Stihls 80's had attachments you could take the head off and change to trimmer, chain saw etc.

4. yungman

from Calif.

We are talking about edger. All Shindy edgers are curve shaft, go to their web and check it out:waving:

5. bare31

bare31 LawnSite Member

thanks just thought somebody knew something different than the web site.

6. yungman

from Calif.

Check with dealer anyway. Don't bother write to them, they don't answer email or through contact on their web. I tried three times. Nothing hard, just asked how can I buy one of their engine!!!!

7. ffemt1271

ffemt1271 LawnSite Bronze Member

if the hole will line up it will work, but you'll have to be 1/2 on the walk and 1/2 on the grass because you won't have the curved end to allow you to stay on the walk.