Shindaiwa T261

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by drains, Dec 13, 2003.

1. drains

drains LawnSite Member

I did a search and didn't find an answer to this question.
    Why is the Shindaiwa T260 series not compatible with the edgit?
    According to thier site the T230 and T270 are compatible. I emailed them but haven't heard back yet. Thanks:help:

2. edgit

edgit LawnSite Member
    from Kentucy

Sorry for the delay, I was out of town over the weekend. I emialed you 2day. Basically the problem is that the Edgit has to be mounted to the gearbox. Unlike other manuf. Shindaiwa uses three different gearboxes for their series of trimmers. We get very few orders for Edgits for the 260 series and the mounting bracket was getting too expensive, so we dropped it. Sorry. Funny thing though I sold a couple Edgits earlier in the year that the owners swore their new 260 gearbox was identical to thier 230 gearboxes. Haven't heard back so I don't know if Shindaiwa changed or what. Hope this helps.
    Steve Byrne
    Edgit Corp.

3. PaulJ

PaulJ LawnSite Bronze Member

Steve,
    Could you post or e-mail me a pic of the mounting bracket for the shindaiwa. I am probably going to get a 230or231 next spring and I was wondering how the adapter mounts to the trimmer.

I currently have an edgit on an echo trimmer so no adapter there.

4. drains

drains LawnSite Member

I really want an edgit but don't want to have to have the extra expense of buying a new trimmer on top of it. Thanks for the info.

5. edgit

edgit LawnSite Member
    from Kentucy

Paul- I don't have a digital camera, but if you send me your email at edgit@juno.com I can send you a copy of the instructions for the 230. I have to tell you though the bracket used to mount the edgit to the 230 is not as strong as the mounting on the echo.
    steve byrne
    edgit corp

6. PaulJ

PaulJ LawnSite Bronze Member

But i don't feel that the Echo trimmer is as strong as the shindawa.

pjarens@megavision.com

7. edgit

edgit LawnSite Member
    from Kentucy

Paul- that's fine, I've sold thousands of edgits for shindaiwa, I just wanted you to know that the mounting arrangement is very different from the echo. Our kit for the shind T270 is a bigger and stronger bracket, although some people feel the 270 is too heavy.
    steve byrne
    edgit corp