shindaiwa t270 and redmax 8000 help

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by stevesmowing, Apr 22, 2006.

1. stevesmowing

stevesmowing LawnSite Senior Member

I am looking for information of any websites that carry the gearcase for the shindaiwa t270. I also need a website for the blowerfan on the redmax 8000 blower.

2. southernlandscapespecial

southernlandscapespecial LawnSite Member

Check ebay for shindaiwa..there are alot of misc. parts for sale

3. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

I fooled around looking for a gearbox for our T270 and ended up buying a used on but I am told that you can get them new now for less than $80 from dealer.

4. rob7233

rob7233 LawnSite Senior Member

Are you looking to replace a complete gearbox or service/fix the one you have? Parts breakdown can be found at Shindaiwa.com. When on Ebay make sure to do a search in Ebay stores and not just "shindaiwa". Same goes for the redmax parts too. I recently bought a used complete T270 gearhead on ebay...
    You might want to try this too on ebay. Go to advanced search feature to "find a member" and put in redmax. You'll find several members that specialize in redmax parts. I think there is a guy called "redmaxman" or the like. Then go to their listing of items for sale. If you still can't find what you looking for use the "ask the seller a question" feature. These guys have tons of stuff and can't list all they have. Good luck.

5. stevesmowing

stevesmowing LawnSite Senior Member

I've been looking on e-bay and havn't found anything. Any more thoughts? Price new from the dealer is about $150