Shindaiwa T270 Gear Box

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by ed2hess, Oct 16, 2005.

1. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

I got one that is stripped new price is half cost of trimmer. Any sources for these on line? I guess I will either try to get used or get pionion set and bevel gear. Haven't tried to get it apart but it looks difficult!! Part number for pinion set is 22024-13391 and bevel is 22024-13220. And yes it had grease in it.....now I see why I have been running Echo. It is easy to find used gear heads for Echo since a lot of guys run raw gas and dealer get about one a week in scrap bin. I can get used gear box for Echo for $50.

2. newz7151

newz7151 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Tejas

Yeah... raw gas, that's why the Echos end up in the scrap bin.

Check Ebay for used units. Shindaiwa policy on new parts is like Stihl in that it doesn't allow for mail order or any other purchase besides in dealer. (found that out early on)

3. mcambrose

mcambrose LawnSite Senior Member

I've seen some Shindaiwa gearboxes regularly on Ebay for about $35. I don't remember if they had any for a T270.

4. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Price of the gearbox new is $160....neat!

5. Oldtimer

Oldtimer LawnSite Bronze Member

6. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Thanks,
    I got a little discouraged when I looked at the parts diagram and then at my gearbox. My unit doesn"t seem to have a snap ring(item 11 in picture). Maybe I should be encouraged that the snap ring came out...but? I am overloaded with other repairs right now so this trimmer is on back burner. I hate to try to get the snap ring(item 17) on the pinion set side out since it down in the collar. But I guess I will have to tackle this thing soon since it has been a good unit.