Shindaiwa T270?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by NORTHMAN, May 7, 2008.

1. NORTHMAN

NORTHMAN LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

I have the opportunity to buy a new T270 trimmer,I've read how good they are,I have a T230,what will the 270 do that the 230 won't?Thanks.

2. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

if you need a big trimmer -buy it! there is none better.

3. danielslawncare

danielslawncare LawnSite Member

|I have a couple of t261's and a t242. all good trimmers, but do you really need something that big? From my understanding its a brushcutter, right? the t261 has all thepower you would ever need from a weedeater

4. totallawncare25

totallawncare25 LawnSite Senior Member
    from TN

The T270 in my opinion is the best trimmer ever made hands down by any manufacturer. Its a little heavy for everyday use but its a bad machine. Very hard to get it to bog down

5. yungman

yungman LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Calif.

If you are willing to use a 14.7 lb trimmer, there are so many selection. Honda HHT35S is 35cc, more powerful, $359 which is $80 cheaper than T271 here. Nobody can question the quality and reliability of Hondas. I have the HHT31S. I love it. It is strong, very very quiet, start with one pull 80% of the time. You really should go try one first.
    If you insist on loud 2 cycles, Stihl FS250 is 34cc and only 13lb. Redmax BCZ3001S 29.5cc 11.2lb, $369!!!

The old Shindaiwas are soooooooooo heavy and soooooooo expensive!!!!!!!! Look around. They are sooooooo old. The world has move on!!!!!! I don't care what reputation they HAD!!! Think 14.7lb, $439!!! For this kind of price and weight, they better be very good!! You can get just as good from others cheaper, lighter!!:waving:

6. K/B

K/B LawnSite Senior Member

Old, maybe, but proven like nothing else.

7. yungman

yungman LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Calif.

So are FS250, HHT35 and BCZ3001S etc. Two of them are 20% cheaper, more powerful and one is even lighter.

Cost is not as important, the weight is the killer. I cannot imagine I use my Honda without the harness and I am not weak.

8. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

if i need a heavy duty trimmer -i reach for my shindy 270 every time.there are time you need one esp if you do comm props. no sub for the shindy 270!

9. SNAPPER MAN

SNAPPER MAN LawnSite Silver Member

The FS-250R is the best trimmer out there hands down in my opinion. It has the absolute best power to weight ratio.

10. totallawncare25

totallawncare25 LawnSite Senior Member
    from TN

A stihl trimmer is cheaply made. The best thing stihl makes are chainsaws and that is the older ones im refering to. There arent any honda trimmer dealers around here i dont believe i have never looked, handled or used one so im not gonna comment on it cause that i dont know about..