1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Shindaiwa trimmer heads

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by columbiaplower, Jun 6, 2000.

1. columbiaplower

columbiaplower LawnSite Senior Member

just wondering what works for you. What do you have? i m not worried about capacity but what feeds the best i am leaning twards the promatic do any of u have one? ANy thanks in advance<br>-Nick
  2. gorrell

gorrell LawnSite Senior Member

Personally I'd stay away from the automatic feed head. They waste a lot of line, and never seem to feed it out when you need it. Go with the bump and feed head and you'll not be disappointed. thanks, Lynn
  3. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

Nick, I'm one of the few people on this forum that use Shindaiwa fully-automatic heads. You control how much line is feed out. And 99% of the time it woun't let too much line out. The spools are small enough to fit in your pocket. Plus you don't leave those dounut rings in the lawn. Bob
  4. columbiaplower

is the promatic fully automatic? i want a bump type head so with one?<br>
  5. southside

southside LawnSite Senior Member

I would stay away from a bump feed head altogether.I use a hard head which you just<br>use an 18&quot; length of line.As it wears out,<br>you just stick in another piece of line.<br>you save heaps of line with this head and <br>there's nothing to break.<p>Karl<br>
  6. columbiaplower

no ss, way had a homlite like that and was replacing it every 5 min especialy when trimming aganst a fence