Shindaiwa trimmer only runs with choke on?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by customcurbdesigns, Mar 16, 2008.

1. customcurbdesigns

customcurbdesigns LawnSite Member
    from Tampa

Any ideas? Trimmer runs with choke on only or it dies out. Its brand new. Any ideas?

Thanks

2. MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE LawnSite Bronze Member

seems odd,take it to your dealer........

3. customcurbdesigns

from Tampa

ya, thats what i thought...unless I am ******** the edger is doing it also..same series...I read the manual but i might be overlooking it..any other thoughts?

4. 2stroke

2stroke LawnSite Senior Member

pilot jet is plugged.

5. customcurbdesigns

from Tampa

Good thinking, just seems odd that the trimmer and edger are both doing the same thing. Both are brand new...

Should I just pull the hose off or try to start it a few times and see if it unplugs it?

6. jbell36

jbell36 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from KANSAS

our new trimmers aren't working the best either, basically brand new...t231 trimmer and EB240s blower, they don't seem to want to stay warm...everytime we start them we have to prime and choke them all over again, gets annoying in between jobs, although they will run good once they are warm...let us know what you come up with, maybe they have faulty parts on their new product line...

7. corey4671

corey4671 LawnSite Silver Member

don't mean to sound like I'm insulting your intelligence, but are you sure you don't have open and closed choke settings backwards? After you said your edger was doing the same thing got me to wondering. Like I said, not being a smarta$$ or trying to belittle you. Just wondering...:confused:

8. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

and dont belive what the sticker says is open or closed, take the intake off and make sure.

9. corey4671

corey4671 LawnSite Silver Member

great point. Could 've been assembled on a Monday...

10. K/B

K/B LawnSite Senior Member

What engine series is it?