Shindaiwa trimmer??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by KillerShark, Apr 7, 2001.

1. KillerShark

KillerShark LawnSite Member

I own two Shindaiwa T-27's. I must say they are very rugged and dependable machines. Probably none better, but I'm sure some that are equal to them. Is the T-270 the same as the T-27? Or did they change something?

2. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

The only difference I can see is the carb on them. I had 2 T27's that got stolen and I now have two T270's. Both are great.

3. KillerShark

KillerShark LawnSite Member

ok... Thanx Eric. I know how you feel about getting something stole. I had a Honda commercial walk behind mower
    ($950 machine). Get stole in broad daylight while I was mowing... I never saw a thing. I LOCK everything up even if I'm in plain sight of all my equipment. Nothing stole since then..... knock on wood

4. Eric ELM

The old carbs you pump the primer bulb and then push the metal lever to let out the gas and air, the new ones, you just squeeze the primer bulb and it pumps back into the tank. I like the new one best since it's not as messy.

I hope this helps.

5. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

When I was at the Shindaiwa dealer last week, they told me that the new trimmers will have some kind of catalytic converter on them.

6. Eric ELM

I wonder how that will affect the performance and price? I'm sure it will raise the price and if these converters run as hot as a car or truck, that will be one HOT machine. :mad:

7. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

Indeed. I hope it doesn't take them as long to get it right as the automotive industry.

8. SMB

SMB LawnSite Senior Member

Our truck has a hole in the catalytic converter, it ain't on the road either. But you gotta love that straight exaust sound! :cool: