Shindaiwa Trimmers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by SJH Landscaping, May 2, 2003.

1. SJH Landscaping

SJH Landscaping LawnSite Member

My Stihl 85R **** the bed and I need a new trimmer, I am between a T230 and a T260. Which one should I get?
  2. gogetter

gogetter Banned

Well, I have 2 of the T230's and am very happy with them. I've never really felt that I had a need for more power.

I also bought the articulating hedge trimmer attachment that you can get for them. Very handy.

And I liked the price of the T230's too.
  3. Edgewater

Edgewater LawnSite Senior Member

I would get the 270.

I had a green machine and bought a 270. The 270 is awesome, has a heavy clutch and is beautiful to handle.

I will never buy anything else.

Just my $0.02

4. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

I really like the T230, but they are running in short supply around these parts. The T231 has taken it's place. I am not necessarily worried about having a catalytic converter on a two-cycle, but rather the extra weight they carry. I like the old style trigger too. Some still have it, some do not. I have seen a T230 with the new style and a T231 with the old, go figure :confused: I know of one dealer that still has T230's in stock, seven in fact. But I can't really stand the dealer, so they can keep them. I wish I could buy them like I used to, $225-250, I'd buy several.

BTW, if anyone knows of dealers in the southeast that have any old style trigger T230's in stock, let me know. I would like to have two more right now.
  5. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I own two shindawias and I personally don't care for them...the only great thing that I can say about them is that they run really smooth. My employees do love them though, but I just feel that have the power and durability. I have sworn up and down on Stihls, but right now one of my mine is on the last leg and I am considering moving onto something else...the else, I have no idea.
  6. grayghost_32

grayghost_32 LawnSite Member

I have a 260,Ilike the way it runs but the heads are junk.I put a Redmax head on it.I like it alot now.I also have 2 Redmax trimmers.They are great trimmers.
  7. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

I hear a lot of people say they don't like the head that comes on them. Guess it's just a matter of opinion, but I have never had a problem with them :)
  8. heather

heather LawnSite Member

we have bought one of the c4 4strokes. I love the power but It has been hard to start 6-8 pulls. Once started it's great.We also run deere trimmers and have had little trouble with them
  9. mowngrow

mowngrow LawnSite Senior Member

we own two 230's and a 270 go w/ the 230 we love ours and the only time i break out w/ the 270 is the stuff that is 2-3 foot tall
  10. crazygator

crazygator LawnSite Bronze Member

I love my T-230. It is very light and easy to use at any angles. Edges very good too!