Shindaiwa Versus Huskvarna

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by brinlee lawn, Nov 6, 2004.

1. brinlee lawn

brinlee lawn LawnSite Senior Member

How Is Everybody This Morning? Just Needing Some Feedback About Any Comparisons Between Shindaiwa And Huskvarna Chain Saws.. Thanks In Advance For The Replies
  2. dishboy

dishboy LawnSite Platinum Member
    from zone 6

I don't have a Husky , but I have the $400.00 Shin. tree saw, Like all my Shin. equitment, I love it, and it's a runner.
  3. brinlee lawn

brinlee lawn LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks For The Reply
  4. J.Gordon

J.Gordon LawnSite Senior Member

Husky, Shindiawa, Stihl, Dolmar, Echo and so on all make some great saws. If you go to an Arborist forum you will read that all the lines have certain sizes that out perform the others. I really like my Husky but if you have a good dealer that carries the size that you need it doesnÂ’t matter what brand it is. Plus if you want a really good saw spend the extra and get the PRO model.
  5. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

I have a Husky 55 Rancher that runs and cuts great.
  6. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

Both are really good saws. Just look at both and consider the features, prices, and dealer support.
  7. jaguar4000

jaguar4000 LawnSite Member

have a shindaiwa 300 S 14" about 14 yrs old. Still runs like a champ! I think you could probably not go wrong with husqvarna or the shindaiwa. Good Luck!!
  8. jcb287

jcb287 LawnSite Member

Husqvarna all the way.Very light and powerful saws. Dont waste your money on anything else. :) (you know its a Ford vs Chevy kind of thing) :waving:

K&RLAWNS LawnSite Member

You really need to do some research before buying any manufacturers saw! I had to e-mail Husky twice before they would answer my question about who makes different models of their saws. They told me anything below the 350 is made in the Poulan plant.
  10. Saxman

Saxman LawnSite Member

I have had two shindaiwa chainsaws. One was stolen and I still have the other. They are GREAT saws, very good fit and finish. I have several Stihl saws and I like them as well. The only drawback to the Shindaiwa line in my area of the country is a limited dealer network for support. The quality of the saw is as good as ANY of the others.