Shindaiwa vs. Echo

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by SNAPPER MAN, Jul 30, 2007.

SNAPPER MAN LawnSite Silver Member

Im getting a new trimmer this week and was wondering what should i get.

A Shindaiwa T242 or a Echo SRM-261T?
  2. Yard-Ape

Yard-Ape LawnSite Member

No experience with the Shindaiwa, but I love my 261T's.
  3. metro36

metro36 LawnSite Silver Member

No experience with shindaiwa but I love my echos. I will soon be adding the 261t. I could really use the extra torque.
  4. supercuts

supercuts LawnSite Silver Member

i have them both. i preffer the shindiawa because of the raw power (T260), i also the the echo SRM261-T and it is very light and vibration free. my 2 guys love the echo. so, what is more important to you, power or light and little/no vibration?? if you doing heavy think overgrown areas, shindiawa all day long. mine in 12 years old and runs better than my 6mo old echo, not that there is anything wrong with it.
  5. ffemt1271

ffemt1271 LawnSite Bronze Member

i run all shindaiwa equipment and have had no problems with them
  6. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

Im pretty sure that they will be almost one in the same since, correct me if Im wrong, echo and shindaiwa have teamed up and making equipment together. Both are good machines, just it seems that on some echos, not all, have carburator problems after a couple years of use.
  7. MuleCutter

MuleCutter LawnSite Member

i own the echo 261T and love it so far. i've had it for only bout a month now. there i NO vibration and it has good power. it's also light. i never ran the shindaiwa T242 but i've held it and it's a bit lighter than the echo. not much to justify buyin one over the other when it comes to weight though. the looks of the shindaiwa 242 are decieving. the engine looks huge and heavy but it's VERY light. i think they're around the same price range too.
  8. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

i would take a shin over an echo any day-except the 231-which is pitifull
  9. agr682

agr682 LawnSite Member

I just boutght a stihl fs90 and hated it, so I took it back and swapped for a shindaiwa, but haven't used it. It is supposed to be awesome!
  10. S man

S man LawnSite Gold Member

I'm asking this question too. But only it will be echo vs. stihl. I have a srm230 that I got in the trash. It runs good but takes Frickin 30 pulls to start!! I was wanting to get the 261t for more power. But would it develop carb problems and take forever to start like my 230?? Otherwise I'll go get annother stihl fs80.