shindaiwa weedeater cuts off

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by lilclarke911, Jun 26, 2008.

1. lilclarke911

lilclarke911 LawnSite Member

as soon as i let off the trigger, it cuts off... and when i turn it sideways to edge, it loses power.. but as soon as i flip it back over its fine no matter what i put it in... any suggestions??

2. griffin318

griffin318 LawnSite Member

Fuel line may be getting pinched in tank.

3. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

Did you replace the fuel filter lately? It may be a crack in one of the fuel lines and when you move it certain ways the crack opens up and doesn't allow any fuel to get to the carb. Holding it flat and level closes the crack most of the way and allows some fuel to get to the carb. Cracking the fuel lines can sometimes happen when the line is pulled on to replace the fuel filter.

4. TheChiefsLawnCare

TheChiefsLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

i have the same proab with my stihl

5. kjslawn

kjslawn LawnSite Senior Member

My dealer said we are getting junk gas I was having the same problem but I now run opti fuel stabilizer and it has been running fine. I also put this in my mower and it starts right up every time

6. trinity1

trinity1 LawnSite Member

Its not gas or pinched line its the equipment I have 3 shins 2 echos and they all do the same thing. Its the way the crap is built. But the dealers wont tell you that. Buy a can of deep creap and spray some in the air intake let it set a few minutes and fire it up. might smoke like he!! but it cleans it out. We do 30-40 lawns a day and by number 20 the one we use the most that day does it. Sea foam deep creap takes care of the problem.

7. K/B

K/B LawnSite Senior Member

No. You've got a problem somewhere. The equipment should NOT do that.

8. zMaster225

zMaster225 LawnSite Member

fuel line/pump. My Shin will run fine trimming regular, when I go vertical on edges, it'll cut off after a little if I have less than 3/4 tank. Not a big deal, but take yours to get it looked at