Shindaiwa - Would you switch?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by lego, Jul 22, 2013.

1. lego

lego LawnSite Senior Member

My area recently opened up a new Shindaiwa dealership.
    They also deal hustler, scag, husqvarna, billy-goat, and am leanard so I don't think they are going anywhere.

I currently use all steel power equipment (blowers, weed eaters, trimmers)
    I am really interested in the shindaiwa trimmers & weed eaters.

If you had dealer support in your area would you choose them over Stihl?

Dealer was telling me how the blades on the hedge trimmers never need sharpened on the shindaiwa's, I don't understand how but I think thats pretty badass if true.

2. BJWLAWNCARE

BJWLAWNCARE LawnSite Senior Member

I love shindy products. Make sure they are true ones though not echo's with different stickers. If I were you I would look to but a multi tool by shindy. They are awesome. The blowers are awesome too! Might as well buy a scag also.

3. Armsden&Son

Armsden&Son LawnSite Silver Member

HaHa^^^^ I agree with the scag comment! As for the OP...... Shindaiwa Rules!!!!! Been using them for a long time and everything is great! Blowers, trimmers, hedge trimmers.... All great stuff. I got the 40 inch single sided trimmers and they have changed my life!

4. larryinalabama

larryinalabama LawnSite Fanatic

I plan on phasing out all my stihl stuff fro Shindawia

5. lego

Sold. I just wish I wouldnt have blown so much money on stihl.
    Take awhile to phase out, I have 2 stihl br600 magnums, 2fs90rs, fs130, fs90 brush cutter, two hs45s (leaf vac I think), the stihl trimmers & all the kombi system attachments. attachments. I am seriously thinking about craigslisting them for what I can and moving on. While Stihl has treated me good in general with support etc., I am constantly having issues with the idles, heads, trimmer blades, and so on and so on.

I think I am going to buy the hedge trimmers n go from there.

Oh and BJW lawncare, I did buy a scag haha. 52" v-ride, got it last Friday.

6. Holland

Holland LawnSite Senior Member

My lightweight shindy t22 is my favorite trimmer by far!

7. greenology

greenology LawnSite Senior Member

I find shindaiwa excellent quality.

8. larryinalabama

larryinalabama LawnSite Fanatic

I have 2 kombi 110s, 1 kombi 55, and most of the attachments, and a sh86 blower/vac. Most of my kombi stuff is new so Ill have to slowly get into Shindawia stuff slowly.

9. lego

I hear you. Most of my stihl stuff is less than 3 years old. I think I'm going to start with the Shindy hedge trimmers and go from there. Maybe a Shindy pump sprayer too, my sg20 drives me nuts.

10. Tower Rat 95B

Tower Rat 95B LawnSite Member

Dealer support is important and its a two way street if your current dealer gives you good support you should do the same, some dealers are jack wagons if you got one of those jerks give them the boot,

I run shindiawa 633 back pack 6 years and going strong still:cool2: