1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Shindaiwa

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by jguerra3235, Aug 30, 2008.

1. jguerra3235

jguerra3235 LawnSite Member

I just rented a Shindaiwa T-27. AS I rented it they quickly showed me how to start it and it started on the very first pull. I must have forgotten a step or something. I can not get it started. The rental shop is now closed for the week end, so I can't go back for help and it it is due back monday morning. The switch is in the start position, I prime it, and I tried various positions with choke. With the choke is it fully open when the switch is up or down? Is there some kind of safety switch or something that I am missing? I have searched on-line for an operation manual or starting procedures and nothing. All I can find is a parts list and diagram. If someone still has there manual and could scan, post or e-mail that would be great. Or just tell me what I am missing. I hope someone can help me here I would hate to have to pay for another rental day just because I can't figure out how to start it.

Sorry for the repost

2. Bagit

Bagit LawnSite Member

make sure unit run switch is on. Prime the primer bulb. Choke lever on choke. Do not hold down throttle. Unit should turn over in a couple pulls. Flip choke lever to run and start unit.

3. TXNSLighting

TXNSLighting LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

You should never prime...