Shindaiwa

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by JCLawn and more, Feb 27, 2010.

1. JCLawn and more

JCLawn and more LawnSite Fanatic
    from MI

Does anyone one own anything of there's? If you do, I am looks at weed whackers, how do you like them?

2. Alan0354

Alan0354 LawnSite Platinum Member

I have the M242 multi tool with both string trimmer and short reach articulate hedge trimmer. The only problem is the choke which they have a recall. Do a search on T242 and you'll see the detail. It is no big deal. Mine start well, just a little warmup and is good to go.

The Speed Feed head is second to none. If you buy other brands, you have to budge to buy a Speed Feed head for it.

3. JCLawn and more

from MI

is power an issue?

4. Merkava_4

Merkava_4 LawnSite Bronze Member

Last edited: Feb 27, 2010
  5. JCLawn and more

from MI

2 different power ratings too

6. OSU 09

OSU 09 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

Got 3 T242 and an eb802 backpack blower and they are awesome machines. The speed feed head is great. They've got lots of power and run smooth. I have used both sthil and echo in the past, but shindy is the only thing for me now!

7. LawnPro19

LawnPro19 LawnSite Senior Member

i had a 242 when they first came out hated um not enough power always somthin wrong with it have all 261's now and love them power is just right if you use the small speed feed heads great power to weight ratio

8. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Local shop is pushing the 2510 as best all around trimmer. I did a demo on one and the unit was a fine unit. I didn't like the speed head but probably could get used to it.

9. G. Ramey

G. Ramey LawnSite Senior Member

I have and have had several of there string trimmers. I own a blower that is close to ten years old, I havn't even changed the sparkplug and it will start on the second pull winter or summer. I have their backpack sprayer and their push spreader. My partime help will leave my stihl tools on the trailer every time and use the shindaiwa tools. The speedfeed heads are great.

10. Alan0354

Alan0354 LawnSite Platinum Member

Have the cat muffler. They are heavier. I was surprised of the weight of my M242 muffler when I took it off to inspect the buildup. Here is the non cat muffler replacement for the cat model. Thanks Richard Martin for this........Blame him if it doesn't work also!!!!:laugh::laugh::laugh:

T-230 mufflers right here... http://j-thomasorder.com/iwwidb.pvx?...230TR&comp=JTH

T-260 mufflers are here... http://www.lawnmowerpros.com/shindai...T260-Parts.asp

T-270 mullers are here... http://www.lawnmowerpros.com/shindai...T270-Parts.asp