1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

shindaiwaeb8510rt or redmax ebz8000 blowers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by cutterdown, Aug 23, 2006.

1. REALSLOW

REALSLOW LawnSite Senior Member
    from FLORIDA

All this over a backpack blower ?,what a joke!

2. ACEMowing

ACEMowing LawnSite Member

We have a Shindaiwa EB8510 RT version with the throttle on the tube (which the guys really like)... we bought it on 4-12-2006 so it was one of the first ones out (first one our dealer sold anyway). We love the blower... gobs of power even in hush mode, it will clean caked, erroded dirt off a sidewalk in a heartbeat. For one of our jobs they have a really long driveway and it clears it way faster than we can walk it. It is heavier than our older EB500 and yes for normal daily the use, the old EB500 was fine but I do like the tone of the C4 engine and the added power. The mega power should really pay back this fall for leaf clean up time.
    I'm sure the RedMax would be fine (never heard much bad about them) but in our area the Shindaiwa dealer is much better so we run a lot of Shindaiwa equipment C4 and 2 stroke and it's all been perfect for us... no problems.

3. cutterdown

cutterdown LawnSite Member

joke???? $500.00 out of my pocket for the wrong blower wouldnt be to funny!

4. REALSLOW

REALSLOW LawnSite Senior Member
    from FLORIDA

Make sure you get the one with the valves, boy I can't wait to see your post when it comes time to get a mower.

5. cutterdown

nothing wrong with valves if your smart enough to do your own maint.

6. cutterdown

Sorry, my goal here is really not the mechanics, Im looking for the machine that is going to get the job done the quickest, with the least amount of effort possible

7. cutterdown

bump.........

8. ThirdDay

ThirdDay LawnSite Senior Member

Let this freakin thread die already! :hammerhead:

Your question has been answered over and over and over........:dizzy:

9. carlsmower

carlsmower LawnSite Member

Have you guys noticed that the Shindaiwa 8510 has a belt running the valves?? High quality??

10. ACEMowing

ACEMowing LawnSite Member

Correct, like most OHC engines it has a belt... same goes for the Honda Overhead cam engines (both in cars and small engines). A lot of engines use timing belts... my Honda EU2000i generator has a timing belt inside as well and it has zillion hours on it. A few small OHC engines do use timing chains instead of belts (like some robin-subaru engines) but I've neber heard where one was really better than the other.