shindawia 630 VS. Stihl BR400

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by dreamertex, Mar 11, 2001.

1. dreamertex

dreamertex LawnSite Member

I believe I have narrowed my decision about a new bp blower to one of 2. I currently have Stihl Weedeater and chain saw and was leaning towards the Stihl so I would not have to have an extra gas mix possibility to carry around. But, if the spec's are correct the extra 1/3 cfm offered by the Shindawia is very attractive. The cost from my sources are not too far from each other, (stihl $400, Shindawia $465) anybody willing to push me one way or the other??

2. MIDSOUTH

MIDSOUTH LawnSite Senior Member

If it was me I'd get the stronger one, I have a br400 and it is bulletproof, but now that I have added a Red Max eb7000 to my collection the stihl never hardly gets cranked, I used it the other day and it felt WIMPY!!!

3. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

I feel the Red Max or Shindaiwa are both great blowers. From what I heard, they are the same engine. I have the Redmax EB6200 and it has 730 CFM and it will do the job in a hurry. What I like about the extra CFM is when you are trying to blow clippings off of wet concrete or blacktop. It does it in style. ;)

I went out to clean up our leaves today and I had left about a pint of gas in the tank from last fall. I primed it til I seen gas going back into the tank from the carb, put the choke on and pulled 2 times and it was running. It is such an easy starter and our Shindaiwa is the same way. You can't go wrong with either one.

My dealer told me if it doesn`t start on the second pull, something is wrong with it.

BTW, I moved this from the Business Forum to here. I figured it would get more posts here. ;)

4. accuratelawn

accuratelawn LawnSite Senior Member

I used a BR 400 for 3 years. I replaced it with the Shindaiwa 630. The new blower is much better. Easier to start and operate.

5. Barkleymut

Barkleymut LawnSite Bronze Member

Go with the Shindy. I have a Stihl and an Echo. Wish I had a Shindy.

6. J. Davis

J. Davis LawnSite Member

I watched on video a Shin. blower (Back pack) push or blow a three pound brick across a cement floor at a trade show...I've used both types and the shin...is the best...You should see local dealers and demo, demo ..etc...$400, lot of money not to be happy

7. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

I am just like Midsouth on this, my BR400 hardly ever gets cranked since the purchase of the EB630!

8. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

My friend has a Stihl BR400. I lent him my Shindaiwa eb630 for a big leaf job that he had. He said there was no comparison. He said that his next blower will be a Shindaiwa!

9. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

I have had 5 or 6 BR400's, I thought they were best, then I used the Shindaiwa :)

10. dreamertex

dreamertex LawnSite Member

Decision made, Shindawia sounds like the One. Thanks everyone