shindawia sthil or redmax trimmer

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by postman, Jan 16, 2005.

1. postman

postman LawnSite Member

looking to buy a trimmer any comments or suggestions would be appreciated
    on these 3 trimmers commercial grade price dont matter .

thank you for your help. :waving:

2. TClawn

TClawn LawnSite Silver Member

I have a shindaiwa T231, T261, and a m2510. out of the three I like the m2510 the best. it's just about as light as the T231, but has a lot more power than the T261. I'm sure that you could get a trimmer version, instead of the multitool and it would be just as good. btw, look at the T3410x.

if you hold your trimmer left handed, don't buy a stihl. the exhaust blows right into your armpit.

3. brinlee lawn

brinlee lawn LawnSite Senior Member

I have shindaiwa trimmers and stick edgers, I would recommend them to anybody.

4. Likestomow

Likestomow LawnSite Senior Member

I have found Stihl trimmers to be hard to start. Then after a while the carb goes ca-plew-ie. They are proprietary, so you have to buy a new one from Sthil for big bucks.

5. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

We have Stihl and Shindawia trimmers and we like the Stihl's better. They have more power than our Shindawia 2500's and they start easier. The Shindawia's are good trimmers and have plenty of power but we like Stihl.

6. lawncare4u

lawncare4u LawnSite Senior Member
    from S>C>

Sometimes these decisons are hard to make..........I have a sthil that has been around for about 15 years been good,and stihl running.........might buy a new one this year and might also try a Red Max > been hearing good things about them! :realmad: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :waving:

7. green814

green814 LawnSite Member

I have been very happy w/ my shindaiwa t230 trimmers(2)

8. DennisF

DennisF LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

Get the Stihl 4-mix KM-110R multi-tool. It is an awesome tool with plenty of power. It can be changed to an edger, hedge trimmer, line trimmer, etc with the turn of a knob and installing the attachment. I just purchased one and will be buying another soon for a back-up. I'm going to replace all my 2 stroke handheld equipment with Stihl 4-mix units.

9. lawnprosteveo

lawnprosteveo LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tulsa

I'm currently running Shindaiwa T231 trimmers...they are good machines..I have a stihl extended hedge clipper that is the 4-mix and I love it. I will seriously consider going with all stihl 4-mix when I replace my trimmers.

10. TClawn

TClawn LawnSite Silver Member

you guys who have T231's will think they are toys once you try a T261 for a week.