Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by SJH Landscaping, Oct 10, 2002.

1. SJH Landscaping

SJH Landscaping LawnSite Member

I don't know if this topic was covered before but I'm in the market for new string trimmers, backpack blowers, and hedge trimmers. And, I'm looking at Shindawia's trimmers- T351, blowers-EB630, and hedge trimmers-DH 231 in 24". There is a big dealer around my area, so parts and service are no problem. Any comments?
  2. mcambrose

mcambrose LawnSite Senior Member

I have had 3 shindiawa trimmers. Two 270s and one 260. I prefer the 260 for every day use because of weight. Great trimmers. I have an EB630 (1 yr old). I just bought a new Redmax 7001 from captn devo at RPM sales. I like it better than my 630 for two reasons. First I ordered with a Right hand throttle like the Stihl. Secondly, the air filter cover has screws to keep it on. I have had the cover on my 630 snap off several times when the blower was placed in the back of the truck. A couple of times the cover fell off and would have ruined the unit if not noticed immediately. Also, the REdmax blower has some slits that alllow a little air to pass to the operator to cool just a little in extremely hot weather.

I have found that my blowers almost never need attention if I just keep clean gas in them, so I'm not as worried about a local dealer. I just think the Redmax is better. The 7001 and the 630 have the same engine. Redmax factory says they make the engine and sell to Shindaiwa.
  3. CTservices

CTservices LawnSite Member

just bought a Shin EB630 after demoing a Stihl BP420. All my other gear is stihl, but in this case the Shin was the one to have...I have used any of the Shin trimmers. Mine are Stihl FS85, no problems.
  4. JimLewis

JimLewis LawnSite Fanatic

I can't say enough good stuff about Shindaiwa equipment. Awesome stuff! You won't go wrong with Shindaiwa.

Same goes for Stihl. Love them too. But I have a soft spot for Shindaiwas.
  5. mowngrow

mowngrow LawnSite Senior Member

echo blowers, shindiawa trimmers and stihl hedge trimmers is the route we took. all great equipment
  6. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

Can't go wrong with Shindaiwa :cool:
  7. FatherandSon

FatherandSon LawnSite Member

We have the T-230 Shindawa and fine it is a great machine once you get it started. Takes at least 10 pulls to start. Has anyone else had this problem and how did you correct it?

Also have a Kawasaki and it starts first pull.

Thanks for your help
  8. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

Always give the T-230 full throttle when starting. Mine start on the first pull sometimes.

1: Put the choke all the way on
    2: Push the primer bulb until you feel resistance (the bulb is full)
    3: Open and hold throttle all the way
    4: Pull starter rope

Let me know how this works out for you.
  9. JimLewis

JimLewis LawnSite Fanatic

First of all, I'd make sure you're starting it correctly. Because this isn't typical of Shindiawas. But if you are, then I'd take it to get serviced. All machines need a thorough tune-up, carb clean, spark arrestor clean, etc. from time to time in order to keep working perfectly. We service all our machines any time stuff like this starts happening.

As for starting procedure, this is the way I was taught and has always worked.

1) Prime bulb
    2) Put choke all the way on
    3) Pull rope until the machine sounds like it wants to start (you can't really keep a machine running on full choke)
    4) Turn to Half-Choke
    5) Pull once more
    STarts right up.

If not, take it in.