Shindiawa 2500/2510 Trimmer

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Tomt, Apr 19, 2005.

1. Tomt

Tomt LawnSite Member

I had been using one for about 6 month, but now only as a back-up to a 3 year old Echo SRM 260.
    I have so much trouble starting (10-15 pulls not uncommon) it when it is hot (at next job) that I am only going to use it as a back-up

Any of you have hot start problems with the 2500/2510 "4 stroke" Shindaiwa equipment.
    It is the most difficult to start of all my equipment, what give? :dizzy: :angry: :help:

2. mcambrose

mcambrose LawnSite Senior Member

Mine is hard to start if it is hot and has been sittiing for a while. If I just turn it off and restart, it is perfect. I agree it can be a pain. I hate that because I love it when it runs.

3. PLM-1

PLM-1 LawnSite Bronze Member

I don't have that problem with mine. However with my 231 has this issue. I may be wrong, but i think there is a fix for this . Talk to you Shindy dealer.

4. beransfixitinc

beransfixitinc LawnSite Senior Member

And please note that the 2500 and 2510, while they resemble each other, are not the same trimmer.

5. TClawn

TClawn LawnSite Silver Member

I have a 2510 and it starts on the first pull every time. the t231 is a different story though. it can take 7 pulls before it will start.