Shindiawa eb630 and Redmax Blower???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LoneStarLawn, Dec 24, 2000.

1. LoneStarLawn

LoneStarLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Does anyone know why the top blower for shindaiwa and redmax are not being offered by http://www.alamia.com right now? We plan on buying one in a month or so from them but saw that they were not listed.

2. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

I think they ran out of them. Email me for the address of a company that I buy all my Shindaiwa equipment at a discount. Put "Shindaiwa" in the subject.

3. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

They still had the Shindaiwa last week. I don't know what happened there. It's not even listed :(

I thought maybe Shindaiwa had flexed their muscle in taking away mail order suppliers when I first read this. I emailed them several months back concerning this. I received a reply from them that stated they were trying to "outlaw" these sales. Anyone interested in voicing their opinion on this should contact them before Alamia and others are forced to stop selling Shindaiwa.

[Edited by Keith on 12-25-2000 at 05:55 AM]

4. BIG D

BIG D LawnSite Member

YEAH, THEY THREATEND TO TAKE HIS DEALERSHIP AWAY IF HE DIDN'T STOP SELLING THEM ON THE WEB. IF HE CONTINUED THE DISTUBUTOR WOULD LOSE HIS DISTRIBUTORSHIP. HE ALSO HAS PROBLEMS SELLING IN CALIFORNIA WHERE MANY TWO CYCLE ITEMS ARE ILLEGAL OR SHOULD NOT BE SOLD. (Edited) No unsponsored advertising please. Adminitrator.

5. LoneStarLawn

The thing is it's just two blowers; one a shindaiwa and a red max. (both very similar)If they are not allowing them to sell shindiawa wouldn't they take away the other blowers away as well?

6. Keith

I was thinking they were allowing them to sell there existing stock. That would explain why some are still available. Can someone actually confirm this? If so, email me. If Shindaiwa and others want to play this f'ing game... fine. I may have to switch brands :mad: :mad: I have purchased 6 pieces of their equipment this year! Without the likes of Alamia, I would have bought one edger and thats it! :mad:

[Edited by Keith on 12-25-2000 at 09:48 PM]

7. BIG D

BIG D LawnSite Member

I AM FROM THE DENVER AREA AND KNOW WHAT IS GOING ON FROM THE DISTRIBUTORS AND THAT WAS THE LAST THING I HEARD. HE USED TO NOT EVEN BE A DEALER FROM RED MAX AND WAS BUYING IT FROM OTHER DEALERS. I WOULDN'T GET MY PANTIES IN A BUNDLE ABOUT SHINDAIWA NOT WANTING TO SELL OVER THE INTERNET. SHINDAIWA HAS MADE IT CLEAR TO DEALERS THAT THEY FEEL LIKE THEY WANT TO BUILD THEIR BUSINESS WITH SERVICE. NOT SOMEONE WITH THE LOWEST PRICE. I AM A LARGE DEALER HERE IN DENVER MYSELF AND I CAN TELL YOU I CAN OUTSERVICE A ONE MAN OPERATION (HE IS THE COUNTERHELP) ANYDAY OF THE WEEK AND ACTUALLY MEET OR BEAT HIS PRICE. IT ISN'T ANYTHING AGAIST THE CUSTOMER (YOU) THE DEALER SPENDS A LOT OF MONEY INVESTING IN A COMPANY AND ITS SHINDAIWA'S WAY OF BACKING UP THE DEALER. I AM DEFINITELY NOT SAYING ALL SHINDAIWA DEALERS ARE GOOD BUT THAT IS THE REASONING BEHIND IT.

8. LoneStarLawn

Service???? With any good product there service should not be needed under waranty..if so any local dealers with service it (at least here). To me they will just lose sales.

9. Keith

Like I said before, I have yet to find any decent Shindaiwa dealers around here. They all sell for MSRP or above. I will not pay that for service that amounts to nothing :mad:

BigD, would you sell equipment to me via mail order if whatever company (Shindaiwa, Echo, Stihl ) were not against it?

[Edited by Keith on 12-26-2000 at 06:30 AM]

10. LoneStarLawn

I talked to a representative from http://www.alamia.com this morning and they said that the reason why the blowers are not showing is because they are <b>OUT OF STOCK</b> and they should be getting more in Feb. I should have known that was the reason especially during the spending season.