Shindiawa M2500 vibration???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by AuburnGuy, Sep 10, 2004.

1. AuburnGuy

AuburnGuy LawnSite Senior Member

I have a new shin M2500 and it seems to vibrate my hands a lot. It seems to run smooth, but the hand that hold the grip will get sore from the vibration. My echos dont do that at all. I thought it was just the hedge trimmer attachment at first, but i just got the edger attachment yesterday, and it still vibrates. Do any of you guys experience this with the shin?
    thanks

2. LawnScapers of Dayton

LawnScapers of Dayton LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Dayton, OH

My M2500 does not do that...

Derek

3. CharlieBingo

CharlieBingo LawnSite Senior Member

It's probably the head change that and it should smooth right out. Adress it though, that's really bad for your hands!

4. Mark P

Mark P LawnSite Senior Member

:) It shouldn't be doing this at all, take it back to your dealer and let them fix the problem, its under warranty......Marks Mowing Service

5. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

It could even be the shaft inside is bent. Definitely have it looked at, though. This will everything else out.

6. slapu2

slapu2 LawnSite Member

Recently ordered one, I know nothing about them other than price and reputation. i've run echo in the past with fairly good performance, but wanted a more durable machine. I also need some opinions on the 4 stroke vs 2 stroke.

PS The 2 attachments (hedge & trimmer) have a sticker on them that says 230X or something by specs. that I got because they had'em but no power unit. They did have the 230 multi. 2-stroke powerhead. I ordered the 25/4 stroke for extra power

7. slapu2

slapu2 LawnSite Member

My question about this is did I get a lesser 230 2 attachments or are they the same specs as 250 4.(multi)
    What does your sticker say on attachments?

8. AuburnGuy

AuburnGuy LawnSite Senior Member

I can't look at the specs, but the dealer said the attachments are the same for 230 and 2500.

9. LawnScapers of Dayton

LawnScapers of Dayton LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Dayton, OH

the attachments are the same