1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

shindiawa needs to know there retailers!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by baddboygeorge, Nov 17, 2005.

1. baddboygeorge

baddboygeorge LawnSite Bronze Member

i dropped a t350 off for repair in october around the first . called the shop an the man said your trimmer is ready to go . i climbed in the truck an down to get my trimmer i went . when i arrived he went to get an came back empty handed. he said his technician would be in tommorrow an he would find out where the unit was . after 3 weeks of looking still no trimmer. i sent one of my guys down there yesterday an again he said he was working on finding it an that he wasn,t responsible for my trimmer .well thats all folks he pulled the chain to tight an i filed a criminal complaint today with the county attorney. he needs to either get me a new trimmer or the money for a new one . anyone ever had a shop loose a trimmer an not be responsible?? boy shindiawa i love your product but your dealers are another issue!!
  2. TClawn

TClawn LawnSite Silver Member

there is probably a disclaimer if the trimmer was there for over a certain period of time, they are not responsible, unless, of course, they were negligent. with my dealer, if it is there over a month, tehy are not responsible.

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

No nothing like that, crappy dealer support.
  4. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

I tell ya some businesses today don't give a shi*, I bought a set of blades for my Viper at lesco last Friday, they gave me the wrong ones . Here it is the next friday and the idiots at lesco can't locate a set of Gators for a machine that they made, they shouldn't be allowed to sell mowers.
  5. baddboygeorge

this guy doesnt know how to spell disclaimer must less work on or sell shindiawa products. he told me my trimmer was stolen , so if it got stolen he an his company are responsible for my trimmer bottom line .if he doesnt resolve the problem i am gonna sue him for my trimmer an loss of wages which i am intitled to. then i am gonna call shindiawa corporate offices an let them know what kinda idiots are representing there products . i love shidy but after this i may be looking for another brand!!!
  6. TClawn

TClawn LawnSite Silver Member

well, a shindiwa T350 is a pretty expensive piece of equipment. if you really want to pursue it, you can, but I would see if shindaiwa will talk to the dealer, if not, I would probably sue, especially becauseI don't think you can buy T350s after 2005.

funny thing, is that my dealer gave me the wrongsize blades once. I didn't catch it, and mowed with it all day. I couldn't tell the differance in cut either, maybe a stringer here and there, but it really didn't effect it too bad. luckly they took them back when I figured it out. I had to use a bent blade until they got the right size in. when they did that, I made them get a pair of 52" blades, a pair of 44" blades, and the 48" size that I needed, and show me. it shouldn't be allowed. :(
  7. baddboygeorge

whatever the outcome i will have another t 350 . an by the way i hope a shindiawa rep is reading this an if you are please call me we need to talk until then i'll be waiting
  8. newz7151

newz7151 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Tejas

Why don't you call them? (503) 692-3070 .
  9. baddboygeorge

i will first thing in the morning we have some issues to resolve . i'll let you all know the rsults tomm. thanks
  10. baddboygeorge

if you talk to em before me tell them i am ready when they are!! hahaha