1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

shindiawa,redmax, marayuma?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by straightlinelawns, Jan 18, 2006.

1. straightlinelawns

straightlinelawns LawnSite Member

i was at the dealer today looking at new equipment for the spring time and i went to a new dealer and they carry shin, marayuma, and redmax. now I own redmax blowers and wouldn't ever change but as far as line trimmers, edgers and hedge trimmers I really liked the marayuma. im not tring to debate which one is better or last the longest, i just want to say that for the money they look almost identical to the shins.... and the dealer said that they haven't had any return or for that matter tear up that often. i read other posts on marayuma and alot of people said negative things about them, mainly it was hard to get parts, but this dealer is only 15 minutes away from me. i think i will buy 2 line trimmers and see how the hold up. does anyone have anything good or bad to say about this brand??
  2. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

All I can say is we have several trimmers and I like the shin the best.:waving:
  3. NickN

NickN LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Alabama

I have a "cadillac" Maruyama.At least that was what I was told when I bought it.Waaaay underpowered and unbalanced.No problems with the engine,just not enough power.My little Cub beats it hands down.Their other equipment is great.I have their extended hedge trimmer and hedge trimmer and they work fine.Just the line trimmer I don't like.
  4. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

I think we have 5 or 6 cubs and they are great trimmers also. I like the shin just because a little less vibration.
  5. straightlinelawns

straightlinelawns LawnSite Member

yeah, i have to have power. i don't care if i have to spend a 100 dollars more i hate a tool that doesn't have power. i would rather it weigh 50 lbs and have power then a light weight tool that you have to go over the lawn 8 times to get the job done. i like shins the best , but i saws this brand today and thought i might try them out
  6. out4now

out4now LawnSite Bronze Member
    from AZ

A dealer that I talked to tried to push Maruyama hard ony to find out that they were hard to get parts for here. Didn't go with them but talked to others that had. Don't know if that is nationwide problem or not. Same problem with Husky parts too. I'd say you can't go wrong with a Shindy.
  7. Jeff@SGLC.ca

Jeff@SGLC.ca LawnSite Senior Member

I've had the Maryuama in the past and still have a couple running....I run all Redmax now though.
  8. Bunton Guy

Bunton Guy LawnSite Bronze Member

I have had great luck with shindaiwa and redmax...I would get both again. Maruyama has great blowers they have kawasaki motors....but they fall apart quick (anything plastic cracks off!) but the motors are great.
  9. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

i have lots of mauryama equiptment and all of it is good except i dont like the stick edger desighn. all have been very reliable and held up well. my only complaint is NO FRIGGING DEALERS! and i live in a city of over 1million! something is very wrong with this picture!
  10. ThirdDay

ThirdDay LawnSite Senior Member

Marryurmama has no dealers and their parts availability is terrible!

Decent products but terrible parts and service support. I would stick with brands like RedMax, Echo or Stihl for the best dealer and parts support.