Shindiawa t-230 weedeater

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by steve225, Jul 21, 2003.

1. steve225

steve225 LawnSite Member

I used Shindiawa for 21 yrs. but tried an Egdit on mt trimmer and love it. The problem is the Edgit won't go on mt T-260 so I bought an Echo 260 and it takes forever to warmup even when it's 90 degrees outside. The edgit fits on a T-230 Do they start easy and run right a way? I always used a t-25or t270 but they are to heavy with the edgit.

Can anyone tell me how the T-230 runs and do they have enough power for commercial use?

2. Shadetree Ltd

Shadetree Ltd LawnSite Senior Member

The T230 is all we use for lawn maintenance. Any lawn that is maintained on a regular basis will never pose a problem for it. Our 230's are used for commercial and strata sites all day every day.

Scott

3. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

The T-230 is a great trimmer. Light weight and powerful.

4. pinnacle

pinnacle LawnSite Senior Member

It would depend on your application realy. But I owned a T230 and this machine is no good on harder, larger areas. I found the 260 to be the happy medium ( Light wieght, plenty of power)

5. steve225

steve225 LawnSite Member

Can youn start them up easy and run with them? My Echo I bought has to warm up every lawn.

Thanks for everyones help.
    Steve Snider

6. Cooper Landscaping

Cooper Landscaping LawnSite Member

Steve-
    Easy fix to your problem of having to warm up the weed wacker every time you start it- just leave it running when you put it in the racks on the trailers and simply remove it at the next lawn. It will also save you arm as you wont have to pull start it multiple times each day! :laugh:

Im just kidding! I don't endorse things like this :D

-Coop

7. Rob T

Rob T LawnSite Member

Had a T230 a long time ago and hated it. :angry: Never could get it started. After it wore out I bought another thinking maybe I just had a lemon. NO, the new one was just as bad. Took it back to the dealer a few days later and traded* it in for a T260. Never had problems with the T260. That was about 8 years ago, so maybe they have done something to improve them by now. Or maybe not. :rolleyes:

*Shindiawa used to have a policy where you could return a trimmer within so many days if you did not like it. Don't know if they still have that.

8. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

I have a Shin T-230 in it's 4th season and just love it. Never had a problem with it at all. Plenty of power and as far as having to warm up....10 seconds or so.

MATT

9. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

I have 3 T230's. The oldest one is 6 years old now. Occasionally if they flip to the carburetor side while in the trimmer rack, the two oldest ones are a little harder to start than usual. Like 4 pulls instead of 1 or 2.

They are great in maintained lawns as a trimmer. I am sure the 260 Echo is more powerful, but in comparison my T230s were always stronger than my Echo SRM2400's.

10. Creative Lawn Care

Creative Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member
    from NC

I just bought 2 T230's to replace my stihl FS85s. They do still have the 7 day money back warranty, so try the 23o and if you dont like it trade it for a 260