Shindiawa T242 Stihl FS90R Red Max BCZ2401S

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by mowerdude777, Feb 19, 2009.

1. mowerdude777

mowerdude777 LawnSite Silver Member

Thats what i am using and it kicks ass

2. redmax fan

redmax fan LawnSite Bronze Member

yes utica . terrys like 50ish / heavy set / blondish hair / gravely voice / serious type guy . he works behind the counter on the back wall that runs paralel with and faces van dyke

3. mowerdude777

Oh ok, I need to go back to weingartz on monday:). I need a part for my exmrak

4. redmax fan

redmax fan LawnSite Bronze Member

you know how when your walking from the back service counter up to the front where the redmax trimmers are , well when you get to the trimmers you can turn left and go in that little room they got up there which faces out towards van dyke . well on that wall in there theyve several trimmers , and one is a shindaiwa 282 , its sorta too big for an every day whip . but its a whip with a good feel to it sorta like a redmax , and real well built . check it out for future reference

im gonna get that or the giant stihl fs250r with 46 cc for my personal
    whip

5. mowerdude777

I was thinking about buying it but got the red max instead. It seems pretty nice and it costs 400 dollars. But i go my red max for 319 with tax

6. mowerdude777

Heres a update, I hace had this for over 2 months noe, and love it, no problomes what so ever, always starting up in one pull, I may even buy another one next year, if I get a few more accounts, but I love my rmax trimmer, and am getting all red max trimmers here on out

7. green monster

green monster LawnSite Member

Shindaiwa T242. Can't beat it for the weight and feel, plus Shindaiwas run forever.

8. Merkava_4

Merkava_4 LawnSite Bronze Member

How did that work out? The next day after you made that post, you went and got the BCZ2401S, but how did you get the replacement blower and edger that's in your signature? Did your parents help you out with that?
    I hope they did.

9. NkyLawncare

NkyLawncare LawnSite Member

I bought the BCZ2610 which is just a bit larger than the 2401. I love it. I've run Stihl FS90R and I like the redmax better. The twisted line is nice too. I was also very skeptical of the line but it does go through the grass better.

10. mowerdude777

I waited about a month only usin my sthil as my echo was stolen then I got the kaw blower after in March 2010 I got my 7100 I paid for the blowers and edger completely by my self my mom chipped in 50 on the trimmer tho