1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Shindiawa T242 Stihl FS90R Red Max BCZ2401S

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by mowerdude777, Feb 19, 2009.

1. mowerdude777

mowerdude777 LawnSite Silver Member

I orrigionally ran the twisted line I like it but I got a killer deal I could not pass on with reg line so I am running that for now which is also nice as it is good quality line

2. IndianSprings

IndianSprings LawnSite Member

Have a 90R and a 242 along with 3 Stihl 80's. If you want raw torque and ease of starting on first pull, buy the Stihl 90R. The 242 dosen't even come close in the power department. We run the speed feed heads on everything so the shinny dosen't have the advantage there. Where the 242 shine is in just light residential trimming, it's light weight and is relatively quiet. It is more of a finesse, finish trimmer compared to the Stihl. All though the Stihl is heavier in rough heavy conditions, it is the machine of choice by our crew.
    Both are excellent machines and should last you a long time.
    The only line we run is the Stihl X line, it is the best line we have ever run, using approximately 2/3 less of it than the gatorline. We don't think gatorline is worth a chit compared to the X line, and yes we have run both extensively.
    You need to try some if you haven't.

3. Merkava_4

Merkava_4 LawnSite Bronze Member

How's your BCZ2401S doing? Still running good for you? :)

4. Glenn Lawn Care

Glenn Lawn Care LawnSite Silver Member

i have the shindy 242 edger and i love it, i have used a 242 trimmer and loved it, but i have the fs90r and i love it. never used redmax products. the fs90r is cheaper then the other and does a superb job.:weightlifter: